cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Quit Webex when I close the meeting

ericbos1
Level 1
Level 1

When I close the meeting the Webex icon remains in the notification area, and sometimes I see the microphone icon, telling me that Webex is using the microphone. This is a privacy issue!

I know I can right click on the Webex icon in the notification area and choose Exit, but I want this to be automatic.

My Webex  app version is 42.1

My Windows version is 10, OS build 19043.1466, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

1 Accepted Solution

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @ericbos1 ,

Thanks for posting your question in the community. Webex Community Manager here. The Webex app captures ultrasound with your microphone to look for connectable Webex devices, such as a Desk Pro or DX80 as seen in my screenshot. No audio is stored or sent to Cisco. You can uncheck the Use Ultrasound setting in your preferences to turn off this feature. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 1.55.44 PM.png

Let me know if this solves your issue. Hope this brings you peace of mind.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @ericbos1 ,

Thanks for posting your question in the community. Webex Community Manager here. The Webex app captures ultrasound with your microphone to look for connectable Webex devices, such as a Desk Pro or DX80 as seen in my screenshot. No audio is stored or sent to Cisco. You can uncheck the Use Ultrasound setting in your preferences to turn off this feature. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 1.55.44 PM.png

Let me know if this solves your issue. Hope this brings you peace of mind.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.