cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Schedule a Meeting" option from the "Plus Sign" menu in search bar at top of Webex Teams does not take you to where you can ACTUALLY schedule a meeting.

DSorak
Level 1
Level 1

To reproduce:

1. Click on the "plus sign" to the left of the search field at the top of Webex Teams
  2. Select "Schedule a meeting" from the popup menu
  3. It takes you to the meeting itinerary page where you are UNABLE TO ACTUALLY SCHEDULE A MEETING and are only allowed to start one immediately. (WHY!?!?! - there is a day view here - why can I not click or right-click on a time-slot to create one?!)

Wow. Just wow. How does this get past quality control? Do you even TEST THIS before you release it? Needless to say, but this is INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING to those of us forced into using Webex Teams. I finally found that the actual way to schedule a meeting is by using the easily overlooked set of tabs at the top of the conversation window. BUT, this means that you have to navigate to at least one person you want to invite FIRST, and then you can add others once your calendar app invitation is opened by Teams (Outlook in my case, which is a whole other can of Ugh...)

I find myself wishing every single day that my new organization was using Gmail and Slack, like my last one...

1 Reply 1

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@DSorak 
since you seem to be new to Webex, please allow me to tell you the little I know about it.
It will not make the software-issues go away, but I have experienced, that often the knowledge why some things are the way they are, can "ease the pain"

Long ago, Cisco purchased a company called Webex, which was founded by the same guy who later "invented" zoom meetings.
(But that´s a different story..)
Webex initially was "just" a classic (boring?) Video-meeting-Tool: schedule in Outlook, meet, done.

With the rise of Whatsapp and other instant-messaging-systems, this type of communication became adopted by business-users too.
(perhaps you remember Lync?  or SameTime?)
Cisco decided to add a similar product to their portfolio and created "Cisco Spark".

About 1 or 2 years later they renamed that product to "Webex Teams".

This indicates, where this is headed: integrate Teams ( = instant messaging) into the Webex-family.
(which again is connected to other communication-products by Cisco).
This Process is still in Progress - Cisco provides Software-Updates about every month and the Meeting-Hardware-Lineup is also growing constantly...

Rumor has it, that Cisco will merge Teams and Meetings, since this separation is not useful and hard to explain to customers, esp. to those who decide and pay (CFOs, CIOs. etc.) in an enterprise-environment.

Usually, a Webex-License covers both: Webex-Meetings and Webex-Teams = you may install and use both with the same license.
Why?

Based on my experience, Webex-Teams is still the primary tool for Calls and Chats which may perhaps grow to Video-Meetings
while Webex-Meetings is still more suitable for classic, scheduled meetings.

In case I wrote something incorrect, I hope other forum-members will not hesitate to post updated info.