Views
Helpful
Replies

Scheduled meeting not showing in the new Webex App

Frederik.H
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i did not found any post with the same topic, thats why i open one.

I have a question about the new Webex App.

In the scheduled meeting there are not showing any meetings. But in the old webex meetings App there are all meetings.

Is this still not in the app or do i need to configure somthing on my webex site ?

Regards

Frederik

1 Accepted Solution

Ramon G.
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello guys, 

Good discussion here. As has been said, for now (changing soon) only with hybrid calendar enabled you can have your meeting listing in the App. Expect in the near future to have reflected your Webex site meetings info in the app and "much more".

Webex is not going anywhere but to keep competing in the leading rank and Cisco is putting all effort on the product to deliver the best experience. 

Regards. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Catherine Kelly
Level 1
Level 1

I am encountering this issue. Is an update available?

Ramon G.
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello guys, 

Good discussion here. As has been said, for now (changing soon) only with hybrid calendar enabled you can have your meeting listing in the App. Expect in the near future to have reflected your Webex site meetings info in the app and "much more".

Webex is not going anywhere but to keep competing in the leading rank and Cisco is putting all effort on the product to deliver the best experience. 

Regards. 

@Ramon G. 
Thanks for your clear and encouraging words.

kind regards
Fritz

Roray Stewart
Spotlight
Spotlight

@Frederik.H there might be some progress with this in the April releases of the Webex app where you will "see all your upcoming and ongoing meetings listed in the spaces list". I would think this will only apply to Webex meetings and not include non-Webex meetings, those would rely on a calendar integration. Have a look at this coming soon page and scroll down to the Coming in April section. Not sure the upcoming meetings will list at this stage where you took your screenshot as well as there is no indication of this.

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@Frederik.H 
The Webex-Meetings-Client offeres settings to select which calendar to use.
The Webex (-Teams) Client does not (yet?) offer these settings, but it has a new section in the "health checker" which refers to Outlook.

(in my case it shows an error since I do not have Outlook installed..)

grafik.png   grafik.png
(since Webex still does not offer to switch the GUI-language, I can provide screenshots in german only, sorry..)

Unfortunately, the Outlook integration is only to enable displaying users' statuses in the Outlook contact cards, it has nothing to do with meetings in your calendar.

https://help.webex.com/en-us/gk4yog/Enable-Cisco-Webex-Users-Status-to-Display-in-Microsoft-Outlook

My understanding is that there is no local integration with Outlook available in the new Webex app (and none planned). The recommended approach is to implement the Hybrid Calendar Service, which processes meeting information from the server (https://help.webex.com/en-us/niqovwv/Cisco-Webex-Hybrid-Calendar-Service-with-Office-365-Integration-Reference). Unfortunately, not every person or organization will be able to configure this in their environment. 

According to one of the Webex PMs, they are working on a solution for individual calendar integration, but it sounds like it will still be leveraging server-side processing, similar to the Hybrid Calendar configuration for organizations. No ETAs for this option yet.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/webex-meetings-and-webex/webex-app-local-integration-with-outlook-concern/m-p/4297109/highlight/true#M3494https://help.webex.com/en-us/niqovwv/Cisco-Webex-Hybrid-Calendar-Service-with-Office-365-Integration-Reference

So basically, with the new Webex app, the only option currently available to show calendar information is by configuring the Hybrid Calendar Service. I expect this will be problematic for a LOT of customers.

@Wade H. 
This is no good news.
As far as I understand this hybrid calendar service is only available for Office/Microsoft-365 or Google Workspace.
But those subscribers already have a video-conferencing - product included in their package (MS Teams and Google Meet).
Why should they pay extra for Webex?

Targeting companies with their own Mail-Server infrastructure?
this seems to be a shrinking target group...

Because of the Webex-Hardware?
I guess it´s just a matter of time until someone offers similar solutions for competing products.
Prhaps less professional, but still "good enough" - just look at "zoom rooms".

I wonder where Cisco is going with Webex.
Are they going to split off Webex and sell it to zoom? All reunited at Mr. Eric Yuan?

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.