Views
Helpful
Replies

Sharing Screen with webex

giovannibaldi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to everyone

We started to work with cisco webex to make virtual meeting, but a user in a meeting complaing because it seamed that now where able to share screen. So i would like to understand if the problem was an error during the setup or a problem or limitation using the web app on linux ubuntu 18.04.

My collegue say that the reason is that only cohost can sharing their screen, and no one were cohost,  is it true?

But  googling i also have read that linux cannot share the screen if it use wayland, like ubuntu 18.04.

What is the true? Can you help me to undestand?

Tanks A.

2 Accepted Solutions

Cannot comment on the Linux part as I’ve never used Webex on that platform. However on the part who can share I can give you some insight. Anyone in the meeting can share, not just host or co-host.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

Your most welcome! Please do use the options, helpful vote and/or mark as solution, in the community to express your gratitude as that’s important to us that hangs out here to help others.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Cannot comment on the Linux part as I’ve never used Webex on that platform. However on the part who can share I can give you some insight. Anyone in the meeting can share, not just host or co-host.

Response Signature

Thanks for your help

It is a bit odd or unorthodox to set your own post as the solution.

Response Signature

Sorry i made a mistake with the smartphonr i will try to remove the Solution from my post.

Your most welcome! Please do use the options, helpful vote and/or mark as solution, in the community to express your gratitude as that’s important to us that hangs out here to help others.

Response Signature