Views
Helpful
Replies

Slash Commands Support in Cisco Webex Chat

Prashanth Babu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I have one question, It will be appreciated if you guys share your comments or any help on this.
My question is Slash Commands are supported in Cisco Webex? While typing a few of the slash commands in the chat is it possible to suggest the app in the chat window which is in the Webex app store, without having to rely on adding/managing bots?

Thanks,
Prashanth

4 Replies 4

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @Prashanth Babu ,

I'm not exactly sure what you are suggesting, but if you have an idea, write it up clearly with a clear example here on the Webex User Community Feedback page, then once done, come back to this post and paste the reference to your idea here so we can find it and vote for it.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Hi @RedNectar,
Thanks for your response, For example, if we type a slash ("/") in slack chat it is suggesting us few of the recent applications. 
Please find the Attached Screenshot below.

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

What do you mean by Slash Commands?

Webex does not have any command like stuff in the chat like /mycommand parameter that does anything. It is chatting only.

Interactions are only when sending a message to a bot that interpretes the message and does something with it. You can build your own powerful bots using the Rest API or browse useful helpers at https://apphub.webex.com/

Okey...Thanks for your Response @dtibbe 

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.