cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Status of recording in Cloud

richinavarro
Level 1
Level 1

I am a host in a webex meeting and I am recording in the cloud, if at this moment I give the host to another participant and then I disconnect from the webex, I want to know if the recording in the cloud will continue even though I am disconnected ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @richinavarro ,

The recording behavior depends on which option you choose to disconnect from meeting: 

1. Leave Meeting: If are leaving a meeting then you have to choose a new host. Once new host is selected, the meeting and recording will continue to work. The recording will be stored in cloud. 

2. End meeting for all: If you select this option then the meeting will end and recording will be stopped and stored in cloud.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

Thanks a lot Vaijanath! thank you very much for your help!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

As @Vaijanath Sonvane mentioned, recording will continue  if you assign another host before you leave the meeting. But if  you end the meeting, recording will be stopped. 

Response Signature

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @richinavarro ,

The recording behavior depends on which option you choose to disconnect from meeting: 

1. Leave Meeting: If are leaving a meeting then you have to choose a new host. Once new host is selected, the meeting and recording will continue to work. The recording will be stored in cloud. 

2. End meeting for all: If you select this option then the meeting will end and recording will be stopped and stored in cloud.

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Thanks a lot Vaijanath! thank you very much for your help!

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @richinavarro,

If you start recording and make someone else as a host of the meeting then your recording will continue to work and it will be stored in cloud in your account. The assigned host can pause and stop recording. Also, assigned host can restart the recording and it will be stored in your account only. 

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

ok thast is goog; but if I disconnect from the webex meeting, will the recording continue in the cloud?

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.