cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stopping notification popup (new message alert) on the right top corner for WebEx Teams application

jsures12
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I want to stop the pop-up notification (Message Alert Notification) in the right top corner for the Cisco WebEx Teams application. please let me know a solution for it. Tuning of space notification in settings disables even the task bar blinking too, I want to disable only the pop up message.

22 Replies 22

vijmistr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

in Mac you have to go to setting then notifications, find the Webex app, and switch off various options or switch ALL notifications.. not sure about Windows where that function is hope that helps

jb3
Level 1
Level 1

I have just the opposite request, can we change the notification to stay longer or have better notification tones?  Missing so many of Jabber features that I would assume Cisco could place back into WebEx!!

To be fair an option to change the setting behavior would be nice.

VickiDecker
Level 1
Level 1

I have this problem as well.  I understand you can temporarily put yourself on 'do not disturb' but I want the option to turn off the pop ups ALL the time.  It is distracting while trying to work and could be a violation of privacy if someone sends a message while I'm sharing my screen and others can see it.  

Signed, 

Missing Jabber

Can you please allow us to disable this pop up like we have been asking for? It is completely inappropriate for a work computer in an open office setting where private messages or confidential information may be displayed.
Thanks

kai-su.arnold
Level 1
Level 1

Has this been resolved? As I would also like to disable these pop up notifications.

Hello,

Short answer, no it has not been resolved.

But really, I'm unsure how or who runs the space I posted the query in, but my hope is someone who has the ability to fix this is seeing that several people are interested in deactivating the pop-ups!

OK thanks for the reply. Bummer that this feature was disabled from when it was Jabber. It is not appropriate to have pop ups with sensitive information come up when an person is in your office or viewing your monitor while going over something that was not meant for their eyes.
Hopefully they make this available in a future update.

rikardkrvaric
Spotlight
Spotlight

You can always right-click the Webex app in the taskbar, and select "Do not disturb for 30 mins"... which is nice... but I'd like a "DND this for all times and all eternity"

james18
Level 1
Level 1

I do not see the "Disable Message Preview" option in the Settings->Messages.  Did this feature go away?  I really would like to disable the message preview.  I tried disabling all notifications but I still get the message preview in the top right hand corner.  Is there a different way to disable the message preview?

ejohnson2
Level 1
Level 1

This is very inconvenient when presenting and sensitive information can just pop up on the screen. There needs to be a way to turn off pop-up notifications but still be notified when receiving a message - just like jabber already had.

If you are presenting, pop-ups should be suppressed by default.

Response Signature

Ramon G.
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, 

Apart from the solution provided for the Space notifications (group chat) suppression, you can also get notifications suppressed by setting the availability to DnD and that would also suppressed 1to1 messages notifications. 

Jabber provide a more flexible way to suppress chat notifications hence, we should expect same functionality for the Webex App coming soon. 

Hope it helps. 

What everyone has said above in this post. How soon can we expect this update?

Jabber did this just fine with no issues, it makes no sense we can't have this update on Webex too. We should be able to just turn the upper right hand corner notifications off with zero issues but it's impossible to do unless we set our status to Do not Disturb, which is not a solution. Thanks!

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You have three main notification settings:

All - receive all notifications of new messages.
@mentions: receive only notifications when your are explicitly mentioned
None - Turns all notifications off.

I recommend in your situation to use @mentions only. This is the setting I use so I do not get bombarded by notices, but still get notified when someone really needs to get my attention.

Hi, is there any update to this issue with a better fix? When I am working or especially when I am on calls, it is very distracting to have the popups displaying the text of messages from other people I can't engage with yet. And as people tend to send more than one message in an outreach it will repeatedly bombard my screen with the text of their incoming messages. I would like to remove the popups but not the blinking notification icon in the task bar, which is useful to alert me that I have new messages. Thank you.

So it has been a long time since this post started and still the same issue with pop ups.  All the solutions given here are not solutions at all.  The three options only work with spaces, not direct messages.

Has there been any internal traction on this request?  I'm reaching out to my sales team to see if I can talk directly to someone internal.

I have reached out to our SE and they have informed me that this is a feature request on file.  To when it will be implemented, time will tell; or if Cisco will even address that actual issue will be interesting.

All I can say is everyone talk to your SE and get your name on that feature request.

I agree!
Is it possible Webex, to create a way to make just the popup in the upper right corner turn off? 
This would be a wonderful and extremely helpful feature!! 
Thank you for the consideration! 

I tried this.  But when I change the notifications to @mentions only, it also disables the notification (number of new message) in the taskbar for all messages.  Would like to be able to glance at the task bar to see there are new message but not have the popup in the upper right - that is very distracting when focusing on something else.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.