cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unsent message is stuck in WebEx

opennima
Level 1
Level 1

In WebEx (formerly WebEx teams) version 42.9.0.23494, I sent a message a few days ago, which could not be delivered, since the network connection was disrupted. In the meantime, the connection is restored, and all conversations have been updated except of this one (is it possible to change the locale from German to English?):

opennima_0-1666965719737.png

I can neither resend, cancel, nor delete the message altogether. It confuses my timeline, and I'd like to get rid of it. How can I delete the message or get otherwise back to a consistent state?

1 Accepted Solution

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

You can check via https://web.webex.com/, you will find all of your messages there, right?

All messages will be stored in the cloud (accordion their retention policy). As a database reset will purge the local copy, you may loose only those that have been deleted due to their retention policy.

I have some spaces/1:1 where the other person was deleted as he left the company. All messages are still available.

You may loose your call history in the app and some settings are reverted to default.

I never missed anything whenever I resettled the database. All information were restored. Sure, messages from spaces must be loaded again if you scroll up, but that's just a fraction of a second in time.. no big issue..

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

You can check via https://web.webex.com/, you will find all of your messages there, right?

All messages will be stored in the cloud (accordion their retention policy). As a database reset will purge the local copy, you may loose only those that have been deleted due to their retention policy.

I have some spaces/1:1 where the other person was deleted as he left the company. All messages are still available.

You may loose your call history in the app and some settings are reverted to default.

I never missed anything whenever I resettled the database. All information were restored. Sure, messages from spaces must be loaded again if you scroll up, but that's just a fraction of a second in time.. no big issue..

Well, what should I say: After logging into the mentioned web frontend via our corporate federated login, the stuck message disappeared both in the web view and in my native client. The behavior of WebEx is a bit unsatisfying (since intransparent), but thank you for your effort to help, @dtibbe .

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

Have you tried a database reset?

I've seen this option, but I was not able to find out about the implications of this step. What kind of data is then lost? I am not willing to sacrifice my whole message history or possibly even more.