cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

USB-HDMI Capture Card for Content Sharing?

scott.fodale
Level 1
Level 1

I have an existing boardroom with two HDMI inputs in the table. I'm installing a Windows 10 PC running Webex Meetings. I planned on getting two (different) HDMI-USB capture cards to connect the existing HDMI inputs into the PC. Does anyone know if these capture cards will show up under the Sharing tab during a meeting? I chatted with support and they couldn't confirm it. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Thanks to both of you. I think I'm going to opt out of a wired input and install a Barco Clickshare CX-20 or CX-30. It'll give me an external video input that can be screen shared through the Clickshare software easily within Webex. Thanks again for your suggestions.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @scott.fodale ,

Thanks for posting your question here in the Webex Community. Let me send this to my colleague, who should be able to help you here.

Response Signature

Thank you.

panderson25
Level 1
Level 1

They would show up as video devices, and in my experience, not good for detailed content of a computer source, such as text.  This is not a Webex limitation specifically, simply not how best to share a full computer output.

Definitely agree @panderson25
I'm going to suggest what we all know and is rather irksome....but here goes.
You will want to test both. You will ultimately have to own the support of that especially after any driver/app updates. 
You'll want to make sure they're not conflicting in any way. I happen to have two physical sources... one virtual application as well. 
I have to be careful upon reboots which is the default. Keep in mind.. you'll have to hand hold anyone not familiar with how to change the option. 

Thanks to both of you. I think I'm going to opt out of a wired input and install a Barco Clickshare CX-20 or CX-30. It'll give me an external video input that can be screen shared through the Clickshare software easily within Webex. Thanks again for your suggestions.

Do you have any other solutions you've used?

I recommend looking at a Cisco Kit for this scenario; we have been very happy with Kits for meeting rooms.  A Kit can share a PC output in a Webex Meeting at very high quality.  You could use an HDMI switcher behind a Kit HDMI input that allow switching between multiple PC feeds, if the Kit you chose did not have enough inputs.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.