Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex App - Personal room settings are missing

JOlenick
Level 1
Level 1

In the webex app on windows Settings -> Meetings -> 
The settings I had entered for "Personal room" have disappeared on me twice now in the last week. When I get back to that setting it asks me to setup a personal room again.    It does not seem to be happening for everyone in the organization but several of us. 

Version: 42.7.0.22904
I have used the health checker and reset the settings, closed, opened, and I cannot get the personal room settings to repopulate. Seems something must be done manually to fix it. 

Any idea what would be causing this? 

5 Replies 5

Andy Chen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think we can log in to the web side and check the Preferences to see if there is a My Personal Room option.

If not, you need to ask your administrator to check whether the user has enabled My Personal Room.

Hi Andy.  I am an admin in our system.  Personal room is enabled and works the vast majority of the time. In the desktop app the settings are there by default under normal conditions. 

For some reason for myself and a small subset of users, the personal room settings in the app disappear.  
As a fix, we would go to the web to find out URL and PIN and manually enter that info into the app.  This worked for a few days but then the app lost the personal room settings again. 

In fact, we have a compensation mechanism. When the user logs in on the web, if there is no personal room, it will be reinitialized. As for your case, I suspect it is the anomaly of the data.

jrsteele21
Spotlight
Spotlight

Have you tried going to directly to your webex site without initiating through the app and make the changes there and see if it populates to the app correctly?

When I go to webex.com, select the site, and view my personal room details they are already populated.  That is where I have to get my details to re-populate the app info (URL and PIN) 

Unless I have misunderstood your question? 

Thank you for the reply. 
Joe

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.