cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx audio quit working on MacBook Pro.

Roy.Hebert
Level 1
Level 1

Seems like audio driver is not connecting.

7 Replies 7

dmennie
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the audio issue generally in the Webex application or specific to when in meetings?

Are you using the macbook speakers or a headset? I like to disconnect my headset and use speakers to simplify isolating the issue.
If the speakers are working well with other applications or on youtube, and the settings are correct in Webex preferences for audio output, I have had to occasionally restart my macbook with previous versions of Webex. If that hadn't helped I would have looked at doing a reinstall of the Webex application next.

If you can summarise the versions, settings and steps taken to troubleshoot, I'm sure someone more experienced will have further recommendations.

I use the speakers, cleared the cache, deleted history, and reinstalled webex-nothing worked; I was on the phone with IT for 2 hours-we couldn't figure out the issue-this is a bad joke-how am I going to teach my online class??

I switched from Firefox to Safari and Webex audio worked.

The microphone on my MacBook Pro is not connecting. It was working fine then quit connecting. I then realized that my operating system upgraded to MacOS Big Sur Ver. 11.5.2. Just audio connection quit working.

ujjwalgoel1991
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Roy, in addition to what Francisco suggested I would like you to follow below article as wel which might help you fix issues with webex audio on MAC:

https://www.techsolutions.support.com/how-to/troubleshoot-webex-audio-not-working-13306

Francisco Zicre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

What version of Mac Os do you have?

If you have Catalina or higher you need to grant permission to the microphone.

https://help.webex.com/en-US/article/73zvl3/Support-for-Cisco-Webex-Meetings-for-macOS-Catalina

I used MacOS Big Sur 11.5.2

Tried your suggestions, unfortunately, they didn't work. I appreciate your help.
Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.