Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex beeps on mute/unmute

Hi,

I find the beeps really annoying when I mute/unmute during a call. Is there a way to turn that off? 

8 Replies 8

nhatlinh82
Level 1
Level 1

This is so far the most annoying feature of the mute and unmute button. Since I need to keep my volume of the speakers up to hear the participants, the mute button is soooo loud

Vote for this idea https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WXCUST-I-10343

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

I wish I could but I do not have Cisco corporate account

For https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/, you do not need a Cisco account. Any registered user may vote for that idea.

equatorheat
Level 1
Level 1

I had this annoying problem too. It was VERY VERY bothering when the host forgot (or did not know how) to turn off the "Participant > entry and exit tone" button. I sincerely wish for software improvements that all individual participants can decide whether or not they could hear the "entry and exist tone". Please, please, please release software updates for participants to mute the tone on their individual computers (which will not affect or overwrite the host's settings).

Sincerely,

An Annoyed physician

Roray Stewart
Spotlight
Spotlight

I think the original post is looking for a solution to turn off the beep that is heard by the user when they click the Mute/Unmute button in Webex Meetings. From what I understand that can't be done, I have seen other posts asking the same question but the responses were that is wasn't possible and I personally haven't found a way of doing it unfortunately.

Here are the English versions of the screenshots @Fritz_H has shared.

Webex:

webex_prefs.png

Webex Meetings:

meetings_prefs.png

@Roray Stewart 

I guess you are right; as it seems I misunderstood the question.
Sorry for that.

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@AamirAshiqali25541 
I guess you may be looking for this:

(Webex(-Teams))
grafik.png

Webex-Meetings:
grafik.png
Since both Webex-Clients still do not offer to switch the interface-language,
I can only provide Screenshots in german, sorry...