cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Meeting 40.10.3 - Virtual Background

Rahul Patel
Level 5
Level 5

We moved our test site to Latest channel and it received an update last night.  It updated to 40.10.3 and today I am getting reports about people in their meeting having issues when using virtual backgrounds. 

1) the App keeps crashing.

2) There is constant flickering for some users.  

40.10 desktop app was not installed on users computers.  Has anyone noticed this behavior with virtual backgrounds?  Or should we tell folks to stay away from Virtual Backgrounds?  

Thank you.

12 Replies 12

B_VOIP_NE
Level 1
Level 1

Any update on this?  Also hitting this issue on 40.12.3.11.

Having same issue. Virtual background definitely makes the system crash and if I'm not using VB then it's overall sluggish. I concur with the above that I don't think it's the machine because it works fine on MS Teams. I have a quite decent computer (Lenovo i7, 16GB RAM) so nothing shabby where I should be concerned about resources. 

kndskelton
Level 1
Level 1

We're now experiencing more issues with this. 

Dear support,

Please have this fixed asap. We are moving away from Webex as your competitors Microsoft Teams and Zoom allow for virtual backgrounds to work just fine.

BR,

Carine

kndskelton
Level 1
Level 1

Recently we've been experiencing this same issue. Worked with Rahul (WebEx support) who had me run the WebEx removal tool. Then reinstall with the latest release. We were able to use video (webcam) until the end user went to change or add virtual background. Then the issue showed again. What is weird.. not all users are affected by this. I don't feel it's a computer issue since MS Teams (No... it's not running when this happens)... doesn't have this same problem and is more of a resource hog than WebEx. When this issue appears there is a Yellow icon top left of the user image stating it's a network or computer error. Again.. once the removal tool is ran and the Desktop App is reinstalled the end user has video. Failed to mention that they've been able to join using browser which doesn't allow the end user to use virtual background. Still looking for a fix because my end users don't like people looking at their home offices while in a meeting!!!

mike.j.villa
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone found a work around? We are planning a virtual conference with over 2K people using webex. We had a test this morning and the changing of a Virtual Background issue is still there and causes video freezes and crashing.

Now I am concerned.

aznorH
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a similar problem too. is there any suggestion because my virtual background not in visual at all. All black!

lberthold
Level 1
Level 1

We are having the same issue with some custom virtual images our Brand team created - but it isn't affecting all users and it doesn't seem to affect users using the stock images Webex provides. I did take a look at the size of the files and they range from <1GB to 7GB. I would like to know the file size of the stock images Webex provides to see if they need to be smaller or if that is a new guideline that should be listed (along with the resolution). We noticed a huge spike in CPU usage when users had issues - so we've told them to close unnecessary applications while using the virtual image or to just not use them. I am eagerly waiting on the fix for CSCvv88245 - it indicates Fixed, but it's not tied to a release yet.

I believe its not tied to a release because it will not be fixed, instead you will get prompt that your computer hardware does not meet the minimum requirements when you use virtual background.  At least that's how I read it in the 40.11 release notes. 

Improved Virtual Background Messaging

We’ve improved the messaging in the Webex Meetings desktop app when joining from a compute that doesn’t meet the hardware requirements to support virtual backgrounds, providing a consistent experience between Mac and Windows

Not so.  Our rep clarified that the 40.11.1 warning does not relate to this bug.  They are still looking for a fix.  The 40.11.1 warning is for machines that already have the virtual background options grayed out because the system doesn't meet basic requirements.

BGR
Spotlight
Spotlight

I opened a ticket with TAC on the virtual backgrounds causing crashes and they told me it was a bug CSCvv88245 - I do not know which update will fix it yet.

We are having the same issue with some users.  When you try to use the virtual backgrounds it crashes the app.  We are having to reinstall the app so users can contiune using there camera, but it does not correct the virutal backgrounds crashing the app.  If you try to use the virtual backgrounds after install of the app still have the same issues.