cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Meetings Chat settings

echoes875
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone help me with being able to mute someone in a meeting who is constantly using chat, when they send a message it previews on the screen and if I click away from the app it will flash the taskbar icon at me each time the person sends a chat message, this is very distracting and I wish to mute chat messages.

Ca1pture.PNG

Capture.PNG

  

4 Replies 4

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good call @anthonye . I actually found a help article that mentions you can assign privileges and take them away from individual attendees. Here is the help article @echoes875 https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/ndlbpk9/Assign-privileges-in-Webex-Webinars#task_cpl_2nx_pqb

Response Signature

anthonye
Spotlight
Spotlight

In addition, in Webinar center you can no longer chat individual attendees (you could in classic)

Frustrating.

Thanks, Anthony
FedRAMP (cluster f)

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If there is one person in your Webinar or meeting that is spamming chat, you can go up to PARTICIPANTS and go to ASSIGN PRIVILEGES. There, you will be able to assign privileges to all attendees. I am unable to take away the privilege of chat from just one person in the meeting.

Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 4.33.48 PM.png

Response Signature

Well for panelists, I know you can customize those settings for individual panelists.

Thanks, Anthony
FedRAMP (cluster f)
Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.