cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex - Pasting an MS Excel selection

MaxPires
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, I'd like to share my agony with with you hoping for fix in the sooner future

When I have some excel selection to share to a collegue in webex, (for example an 3x3 table) I usually copy the selection (ctrl+C) and paste it on webex (ctrl+V), but when its pasted it looses the table format. 

a1
b1
c1
a2
b2
c2
a3
b3
c3

It should keep the table format for better text view (as shown below), like it was on the old Jabber app or any notepad app.

a1 b1 c1
a2 b2 c2
a3 b3 c3

I'm not sure this is the correct place, but since I use it frequently I'd to share it with you =D

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @MaxPires ,

You need to enable Markdown before pasting. I believe the shortcut toggle button is Ctrl+M on Windows (and a totally useless CMD+M on macOS)

Webex USED to paste content from Excel as a picture, which was REALLY annoying

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

MaxPires
Level 1
Level 1

Great! thanks for help @RedNectar !!

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @MaxPires ,

You need to enable Markdown before pasting. I believe the shortcut toggle button is Ctrl+M on Windows (and a totally useless CMD+M on macOS)

Webex USED to paste content from Excel as a picture, which was REALLY annoying

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

thanks for the inputs, it worked for 2 columns.. with clear spaces in between, if it is more than 2 or 3 columns with non numerical values, it turn out be in little different ..is there anyway to show as equal space in between 2 columns..

for eg, this is how it looks when i paste it in webex chat

Item Nos
Total Brands 3
Browsers 4
Mobile covered 2
Language 2
No of US 27
Average per US 120
Total Test Cases 3240
Test Design Effort / day 60
Total Test Design Effort 54
Test Execution Effort / day 12