cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex profile picture not showing in meetings

JamesT608
Level 1
Level 1

I've setup my webex profile picture. If i enter a meeting through the link in outlook via the web, then my profile picture shows. If i enter a meeting through the popup (i think from webex productivity tool) then all i get for a profile picture is "JT". How do i fix this? Is there something wrong in my profile setup? I do have different email addresses between outlook and webex. I don't know if this is the issue. I appear to be logged in via both the web and tool. I've searched and can't find anything. I see other people with profile pictures in meetings, and i can't think they are all using the outlook link to join. Wondering if there is something i am missing. Thanks. 

1 Accepted Solution

currently using Jabber V12.8 and WebEx Productivity Tools V32.11, and it's working now 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

I do not believe this is solved. Please reopen and provide fix. We have users in org whose pic is synced via Webex Directory Connector and Active Directory. It seems users joining from Outlook join instructions have avatar during a Webex meetings while those who join from the application do not. 

Corporate account user here and have had this issue for quite some time. Just discovered a fix - you need to enter your companies subdomain on webex.com and login (e.g. ford.webex.com). Frequently a new meeting will prompt this site to open in your browser, so you can navigate from there as well. Once authenticated, click on your profile at top right and you will see that a profile picture is not set here. Adding my pic in this location carried across to the app as expected. 

Hi All, 

adding to this, you can upload a photo on your webex site URL as mentioned, and when joining meetings on that URL, that picture will appear if your video is off. Screenshot from lab setup

mrhorer
Level 1
Level 1

I have this same problem, but do not see a solution.  The profile picture exists, but does not work sometimes on the app, but when I click from an outlook calendar link, it does show up. 

Avinash Gaur
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @JamesT608 ,

Thanks for posting your question in communities!

Please note that you need to use an image that's greater than or equal to 720 × 720 pixels and less than 5 MB.

Below is a link I think you are already aware of,

Change or Remove Your Profile Picture on Your Cisco Webex Site https://help.webex.com/en-us/n6q8t7d/Change-or-Remove-Your-Profile-Picture-on-Your-Cisco-Webex-Site

Hope this helps!

Please rate the posts you find helpful.

Thanks,

Avinash Gaur

Response Signature

It doesn’t work! I have my profile photo added but when I join a meeting using your WebEx app my photo doesn’t show if the video is off. 

currently using Jabber V12.8 and WebEx Productivity Tools V32.11, and it's working now