cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex records local audio while muted

JasonJThompson
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to make recordings of my webex meetings. However, webex is recording my local audio, even while I am muted during the meeting. The whole point of muting my own audio is that I don't want my random noises and coughing, etc. to be a part of the meeting - why record it?

Shouldn't the recording be a record of content that actually went into the meeting? 

Is there a way to fix this? Is it something on my end?

I'm using the webex client in Windows 10. 

9 Replies 9

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
sounds strange for sure. which recording method are you using: local or cloud?

I am using local recording and seeing this issue.

Dears,

I am facing the same issue as well.

Anything found about this ??

Kind regards,

The behavior being seen with local Webex recordings is expected. With local recordings, the recording is performed by the Webex Recorder application. This operates just like any other desktop recording application where it captures the local audio from your operating system. When you mute/unmute yourself that it done at the conference level, because per design the Webex app is not going to mute your mic at the driver level denying other applications to the mic. This means the local Webex recorder will still record the audio.

The recommendation here would be to use the Record to Cloud option, as that recording is done at the Webex cloud level. Another option to try would be to mute your mic in Windows or Mac OSX instead of within the Webex meeting app.

If your audio is being recorded on mute when you are not the person recording the meeting, in that case, you need to open a TAC case with meeting/recording details for analysis. That would most likely be a new or existing defect

Thank you bjamaspi for your prompt and logical reply. and here 2 more concerns where raised if you can address them as well:

- The recording showed the shared applications as I was sharing a PowerPoint, however it didn’t include any shared files. I was sharing a file which served a background image and I shared videos through the file sharing option. None of those appeared in the recording. However playing a video was only possible through the file sharing option since it doesn’t include the audio if shared via application sharing.

- The recording didn’t include the polling run during the event

This calls for a TAC case with meeting/recording specifics to be looked into further

Thank you a lot for your support, but generally,  Poll information and files shared should appear in the recorded webex session or not?

thank you again

I am not one hundred percent certain on polling information displayed in a recording but you can get poll reports from reporting. File share would depend on how you shared the file, recording settings and more specific details required but in general, yes a file share should be displayed.

yes i was looking into the Docs and found the below:

By default, your recordings include the participant audio, video, and anything that's shared during the meeting

so polling is not part of the webex recording, but as for the shared files, is there any specific settings that i can tune what to record from shared files.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.