Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex teams and meeting feedback and suggestion on chat and statistics

manmp
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

I wonder why do we have two apps to attend meetings? If we are supporting to attend meetings on both webex teams and meeting app, we should have compatibility between the two. For ex, chat option is not available when we attend meetings in teams, which i believe is a very basic feature missing.

Also, can we have a small icon next to participant name showing a small icon to let users know if participant statistics of jitter,latency is above permissible limits or not? We can show icon in red/orange/green to let host know if the audio/video issue is due to bad network at the remote participant side or the host side.

Regards

Manjunath M P

3 Replies 3

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

@manmp wrote:

Hi

I wonder why do we have two apps to attend meetings? If we are supporting to attend meetings on both webex teams and meeting app, we should have compatibility between the two. For ex, chat option is not available when we attend meetings in teams, which i believe is a very basic feature missing.

Also, can we have a small icon next to participant name showing a small icon to let users know if participant statistics of jitter,latency is above permissible limits or not? We can show icon in red/orange/green to let host know if the audio/video issue is due to bad network at the remote participant side or the host side.

Regards

Manjunath M P

Absolutely! So confusing. Just make Webex (nee Webex Teams) meetings work like Webex Meetings (formally known as simply Webex) meetings

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Agreed the meeting controls should be the same. Its confusing and can make hosting meetings cumbersome when expected controls are no longer in the same place. 

It seems Webex teams and Webex meetings are merged into one product now:

https://www.webex.com/product-announcements.html