Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Teams Offline - No Internet Connection

Hi All,

I'm experiencing issues using webex teams on MacBook Pro (Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6).

Using my domestic wi-fi connnection, webex team does not work and I see the following error message: Offline - No Internet Connection. On the other hand, if I use my mobile connection as an hot spot or I connect to my company's network by means of VPN connection, webex teams works properly. 

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Alessandro

6 Replies 6

Anikets
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Similar issue, when Mac wakes up after sleep, webex fails to connect with the error mentioned above. Connecting / Disconnecting VPN does not help. Have to do restart and then without vpn also it connects

davidwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have a similar issue.  After "waking" the PC after a sleep, while still connected to VPN, the WebEx app still indicates "no internet connection".  I can correct the problem by logging off and logging back on, but should a user have to do this?  The app should be able to detect when the PC is online, which it is not doing.

Andrew Mallio
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I disconnected VPN and restarted Webex Teams. It connected. Then I re-established VPN and Webex Teams maintained the online status.

@Andrew Mallio 
Makes me think of a DNS-Server-issue:
Without VPN the Connection can be resolved, the operating-system will cache the IP-resolution and keeps using it even after establishing the VPN-Connection...

perhaps.

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@alessandro.villarosa78 
I have seen similar postings in this forum before.
In most cases it was an issue with the ISP (Internet Service Provider) and/or the DNS-server of your ISP.

Since it works for you when

- using the mobile phone (= different internet-connection) or

- when using VPN (= usually tunneling all data-traffic through the IT of your employer - in case they did not set up a split-tunnel VPN config..)

....this seems to be a similar issue here.

You may try to use other DNS-Settings:

https://www.opendns.com/
https://www.quad9.net/

Addition:
If your application is still called "Webex Teams" it is outdated too.
Please install the most recent Version of Webex (" - teams" has been dropped some time ago..):
https://www.webex.com/downloads.html

jm6819
Level 1
Level 1

I had this problem for the first time today for about 10 minutes and it seemed to self resolve.  I had this symptom on my work computer while at the same time not on my personal mobile. 

1. On my work computer I had logged into the VPN before starting Webex
  2. I had pulled up this webpage on my work computer (so I was on Internet)
  3. I had restarted Webex (and Webex Meetings app)
  4. I was about to drop from VPN to see if that would change things but then the warning disappeared and I could see and correspond. 

Perhaps there is some timeout/retry occurring in the VPN scenario which takes 10 min to resolve.