Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx updates - can't find updates

TallBadJim
Level 1
Level 1

I have two Dell laptops,

One laptop is running Windows 10 Home and I'm able to bring in regular updates. The latest Cisco WebEx update (ver. 41.9.2.16) was successfully downloaded this morning.

The other is a new laptop running Windows 10 Pro and I downloaded WebEx in June.  Currently version 41.6.1.19162 is installed and I've never found a menu selection to download updates.  The "about" screen also shows Server URL: u2c-r.wbx2.com

The WebEx screen is different on each laptop.  How do I bring in updates ?

2 Accepted Solutions

TallBadJim
Level 1
Level 1

issue resolved.  Amazing one hour after I asked the question a new icon miraculously appeared on my WebEx screen and I've successfully updated to a newer version 41.8.0.19868

View solution in original post

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

Just fyi: The Webex App automatically checks for updates when it is not "active" and downloads them in the background. As soon as that is done, you will find the update circle in the app. That's one reason why they might appear at different times on different machines

There is no "force update check" in the app..

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

Just fyi: The Webex App automatically checks for updates when it is not "active" and downloads them in the background. As soon as that is done, you will find the update circle in the app. That's one reason why they might appear at different times on different machines

There is no "force update check" in the app..

thank you.  The circle icon did show up today after I posted my question.  I don't recollect ever seeing it before and obviously the screenshot I attached to my first post didn't show the circle icon.  But it showed up later.  On the other laptop that had WebEx it does show a menu selection "Check for Updates"

TallBadJim
Level 1
Level 1

issue resolved.  Amazing one hour after I asked the question a new icon miraculously appeared on my WebEx screen and I've successfully updated to a newer version 41.8.0.19868

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.