cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebexOne Client Layout

soup_dragon
Level 1
Level 1

When will WebexOne support more than the 3x3 grid currently available?

I am looking to clarify number of participants in Webex Teams vs Webex Meetings client with the new versions currently rolling out. We use both Webex Teams and for some people Webex Meetings but some users have drifted to Zoom due to the increased number of participants of upto 49. Webex Meetings have upto 25 participants which for many of our meetings is just about OK. 

When I visited webex.com yesterday and to sign in rather than present Meetings or Teams, simply logins into web.webex.com. We are now rolling out the "old" Webex Meetings desktop client so any user who wishes to see more than the 3x3 grid can in Webex Meeting. 

My concern is with the various emails I am seeing for WebexOne and Webex.com login directed to the Teams web client we seem to be doing the opposite to what Webex would like us to do! Ideally we would like to use WebexOne and see more participants and raised a TAC case as understood from another this maybe possible in the backend. After checking TAC advised only the 3x3 available leaving us only option to roll out the old Webex Meeting client. 

Am I missing something somewhere?

3 Replies 3

Wade H.
Spotlight
Spotlight

Ha! Good timing. Cisco just released information about updates coming in March, which includes a 5x5 grid view to show up to 25 participants at once.
https://help.webex.com/en-us/8dmbcr/Webex-What-s-New#Cisco_Reference.dita_eb619210-39c1-4e0d-9131-717696c2c647

Wade, thank you for pointing the March update out. I normally read them and saw the notification yesterday but 'mare of a day and forgot to check. Big update by the looks of it. As you said Webex been a bit premature with things but at least updates imminent. 

Hopefully enough to stop the Zoom leakage other than the larger meetings but a big step in the right direction.

PS: Yes you are right re WebexOne is the conference name, just cleared some WebexOne emails and name was in my head but as say, it is just "Webex".

Wade H.
Spotlight
Spotlight

I don't think Cisco has released any public roadmap details for expanding the grid view in the Webex (Teams) client. However, they HAVE made it clear that the new client will be their primary focus going forward, and they are still working towards merging the functionality of Webex Meetings into the new client. I would expect that as they do this they will work to provide feature parity across the meeting experiences in both platforms. Last I heard they were expecting to complete this merging of platforms in the first half of this calendar year (so June-ish?). Unfortunately, they seem to be pushing people to the new platform a bit prematurely as the new client lacks many of the current features/functionality of Webex Meetings.

So if a larger grid view is a requirement for your org, I would recommend sticking with the Webex Meetings desktop client for now.

Also, just a note on terminology: the new desktop app is simply called Webex. I believe WebexOne was just the name of the Webex conference that was held in December when a lot of these changes were announced.