cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What Plan Allows Pass Mouse Feature?

etipp
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot get the Pass Mouse feature to work on my free Webex account. Which plan provides this, or what am I doing wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Matt_W
Level 3
Level 3
9 Replies 9

Matt_W
Level 3
Level 3

As far as I'm aware, remote desktop control is available through all paid plans only.  https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/nsexfrf/Enable-or-Disable-Remote-Desktop-Control-for-Calling-in-the-Webex-App

This is the ability to administratively enable/disable for enterprise accounts.  I retested with my free account and I am certainly able to request control of the screen being shared.  I additionally reached out to presales support to confirm this and you should be able to do remote desk control with the free account.

Response Signature

In my testing I've found that you can't be on a phone call when the phone is connected to the Webex App and pass control during a screen share.  You can start the screen share while on the phone, but the pass control features are missing.  You have to disconnect the phones on both sides from Webex and then you are able to share and pass control.  Jabber has the ability to be on the phone while passing control in a screen share.  The Webex settings for passing control are even under the "in-call experience" settings, so it's a little misleading.

jrsteele21
Spotlight
Spotlight

https://pricing.webex.com/us/en/hybrid-work/meetings/all-features/

Screen sharing, including passing control is available in the basic plan (free).

While sharing your screen, click Assign > Pass Keyboard and Mouse Control, and then select who you'd like to give control to. Click Grant control on the message that appears on your screen. A message displays on their screen to gain control. Once they gain control, your mouse is no longer active.

https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/wd6c4y/Provide-or-request-remote-control-in-Webex-Meetings,-Webex-Events-(classic),-Webex-Webinars,-and-Webex-Training-sessions

Thanks … I’ve been using WebEx for a long time in another job (assumed paid plan through hospital system) and I know how to use this feature but it does not work with my free plan now that I’m working for myself.

I can confirm that it works with a free plan.

Response Signature

Unfortunately, after MUCH investigation/trial & error your confirmation does not hold true for me. I have purchased a paid subscription and now, all of a sudden, doing nothing else differently, I am able to Pass Mouse & Keyboard control.

I find that odd still I have a corporate account and a personal account (free) and I confirmed I can pass mouse control.  Now that you have a basic plan, you may wish to open a support case and and investigate this.  I'm sorry

Response Signature

Thanks! It may be that my patients are not allowing the feature through their operating system.
Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.