cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

where has the meeting chat window gone to?

terwisga
Level 1
Level 1

Since the last update to webex meetings, I am stuck in webex teams, and now, when in a meeting, I don't see the chats anymore...

Regards,

Douwe

36 Replies 36

Exact same behaviour here. I find it embarassing that this has not been fixed to date. It is a known issue and, sorry to say so, Webex is just plain awful to use on some systems (note that MS Teams and Zoom run cleanly on Linux). I am now using my phone to have the chat and the app on the desktop to avoid dramatic cpu use (which I get from using the browser version of webex). Running Ubuntu 20.04 LTS fully updated-upgraded.

m19911112
Level 1
Level 1

I have that question too, but when I redownload the app for macOS (Intel chip) intel version then I see the chat button on meeting room in the lower left corner, and solved the problem. 

edgar.romero
Level 1
Level 1

Nope I don't see it either.

Capture.PNG

My old client had it.

tempsnip.png

and I got rid of the old client because my recent personal rooms showed a list of people I hadn't worked with in years and I couldn't figure out how to get the most recent list of people there. WebEx is not associated to any of my mail applications so no association to my contacts.

m.haan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a private old Imac with which Webex Meetings until March 2021 was working great. Now Webex Meetings doesn't work anymore.
Now I try to use Webex.app, but I cannot see the chat function. In meetings, it was next to participants (deelnemers), but in Webex app it is not showing. I also looked into Webex teams, but didn't see the option "Full Meetings Experience". I am stuck.

Where is the chat function in the webex-app? Thanks for your update in advance, Greetings, Martijn

Same problem.

My Windows-Client of Webex (Version 41.4.0.18516) displays the button to show/hide the chat-area here (bottom-right):
(perhaps this looks differently in a meeting with 3+ participants?)
grafik.png

The "full meeting experience" refers to the fact that Webex-Meetings and Webex-Meetings-meetings (??) do not yet offer an identical feature-set by default.
You (your IT-management) may contact Cisco to manually enable the "full meeting experience" when using the "new Webex"-Client. (note: this is not yet possible for free Webex-Accounts).

Are you saying simple Chat like in Webex "meetings" is not available in the FREE version of Webex "teams".  This is what I use for Cisco TAC meetings with customer and I cannot see customer or Cisco chats!!!  Believe me, it is not there on my Windows Version: 43.5.0.26155 of Webex "teams".   I am going looking for the old Webex "meeting" this was embarrassing not to be able to share case number, commands, etc. to Cisco and customer!

This is obviously a bug or a hamstrung feature removal for free version, but I would like to know for sure!!!

fitterer.j
Level 1
Level 1

We have the same issue but only on our Mac clients, Windows client seem to work just fine. However, the Windows Clients also lost the Screen Control options when using the new client. 

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@terwisga , @Kenneth.LaMonte , this is probably related to the fact that the "Full Meetings Experience" is not enabled in your Webex (Teams) app. This feature can be enabled on an opt-in basis (in case you meet a certain number of requirements).

Do you (or your Webex admin) know who your CSM (Customer Success Manager) would be? Best is to reach out to him/her in order to discuss the possibility to enable the Meetings experience for your organization.

Response Signature

I really have no idea who that would be in our organization, but I will let the support desk know and maybe they can do something.

Thanks.

Douwe

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@terwisga 
perhaps the meeting-host missed to check these boxes?
grafik.png

Thank you for your answer, but no, unfortunately that is not the problem. Others were using chat to communicate. Only when you log on to the meeting using the webex desktop tool, you do not see the chatroom. Logging off and then using the webex hyperlink and the browser to log on, the chat is there

Yesss Exactly same problem faced by me.

Kenneth.LaMonte
Level 1
Level 1

Same here, when starting a meeting using the new Webex app, the controls within the meeting are different. You cannot see an option to turn on chat nor do you see chat from users in the meeting. This has essentially made this update unusable for me. 

Would be great if meeting controls were the same as Webex Meetings. 

I've been struggling with this too. Tried all sorts things. Didn't matter where I logged in from - my desktop app, my link on my calendar, or from the WebEx site, but NO CHAT.  I can't remember how I stumbled upon it, but I installed the 64 bit desktop app.  Bam, back to the old controls.  Chat is back, and when I am starting a meetings, all my old controls are back at the top of my screen.

Update.  My computer just updated and it reloaded the 'new' one. Ugh. Was able to reload my preferred desktop app by going into WebEx via my computer, and clicking on support. The desktop app can be loaded from there.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.