cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

audio and video lagging despite good internet

ccall1234
Level 1
Level 1

My audio and video are lagging despite high speed fiber connection that allows zoom and skype to work fine, and facetime on my phone to be clear, as well as watching videos.  Webex only problem, and just me in meetings I'm hosting.

When I run the tests, I fail TCP connectivity, and freeze up after UPD connection test and so have to stop test.  Results are below.

Are there specific things I should be checking on my computer?  Ports?  Firewalls or anti-virus or mal-ware programs?

- Test Information
Test Time: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 16:25:28 GMT
Version: Cisco Webex Network Test v1.0
Browser: Chrome 87.0.4280.88 on Windows NT 10.0 64-bit

- Test Results
Result: Stopped
App: N/A
Room System: N/A
Call: N/A
Network Connection: Wi-Fi / Wireless (reported by user)
Public IPaddr: 99.59.253.228
TCP Connection Tests:
HTTPS port 443 to lqtservice-web.wbx2.com
HTTPS port 443 to uds.huron-dev.com
HTTPS port 443 to gds.huron-dev.com
HTTPS port 443 to idbroker.webex.com
HTTPS port 8443 to callcontrol.huron-dev.com
HTTPS port 5061 to lqtservice-web.wbx2.com (failed)
HTTPS port 5004 to lqtservice-web.wbx2.com

TCP Delay: 46.35 ms
TCP Download Speed: 243.25 Mbits/s
TCP Upload Speed: 219.31 Mbits/s
UDP Connection Tests:
UDP port 5004 to lqtservice-web.wbx2.com

UDP Delay: N/A
UDP Download LossRate: N/A
UDP Upload LossRate: N/A
UDP Download Jitter: N/A
UDP Upload Jitter: N/A
UDP Download Speed: N/A
UDP Upload Speed: N/A

8 Replies 8

framiljan26
Level 1
Level 1

Hi did anyone solved this problem and how? Thanks 

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@Cole Callahan 

some more spam? ( fdsfgvdevgfrf09823 )

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sadly I have to agree, that the audio-quality of Webex is not as good as the microsoft product:
I have to use it every day; sometimes the image quality is awful for a few seconds but the audio usually is very good.
(I am pretty sure the comprehensibility on low audio quality differs from one language to another)

I also experienced some Audio-Video out of sync - issues during 2 "Webex Community Live events".
Perhaps because I joined from Europe? A valid excuse for the market-leader?  hmm..

Just listen to this Recording:
https://community.cisco.com/t5/announcements/walkthrough-wednesday-the-all-new-webex-events-recording-now/m-p/4268656

This audio is not what I expect in 2021: sounds very "plastic", very compressed, dull...
(while I am typing this, the Cisco-Server was not able to play the video smoothly.. checked: my Internet-Connection is fine..)

I guess, these is something wrong.. and I hope that Cisco is already working on it...

Matt_W
Level 3
Level 3

under Webex help, health checker, while in a meeting you can also check Audio and video statistics to see utilization.  

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

As a totally unacceptable solution when my voice becomes choppy, I can either:

1. Quit Webex Meetings, then re-join, and everything is fine again for a while (which to me sounds like a bug in Webex Meetings client)
  2. Turn off my video, and my voice is reported as OK
  3. Use a different platform, which is not an acceptable option my customer.

For option#1, I log in on a second PC and pass control to it before quitting, although so long as someone is in the meeting, this is not strictly necessary unless you are host and want to maintain control at all times.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Check your CPU usage in task manager when this occurs. You may see it pinned at 100% while using Webex with video. We had a few devices in our organization with this issue, and it was related to ultra low-voltage CPUs on some Dell laptops. We had to swap those devices out for the affected users to improve Webex performance. Fortunately for us, we only had a handful of these devices deployed. You can check your CPU model to see if it is in fact an ultra low-voltage CPU.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra-low-voltage_processor

Roray Stewart
Spotlight
Spotlight

I've been working with this issue for the last couple of days, I get the same result on Chrome as you are with it freezing once UDP Connectivity is Passed. However if I run the test on Firefox the test completes with only the HTTPS port 5061 to lqtservice-web.wbx2.com (failed) still showing. These tests were from my public broadband.

Additionally we were seeing issues on our org network and after some work with the firewall engineer we found that they hadn't applied the full list of IP ranges that Webex provide in their guidance to the rule we've been using.

We now have the test working fully on the org network but still struggling to work out why it's not on my broadband and the difference between browsers.

This is the help article we used when working out what was going on

https://help.webex.com/en-us/WBX264/How-Do-I-Allow-Webex-Meetings-Traffic-on-My-Network

Hi Guys,

I am also facing this issue on my Home Network.

did you guys get any resolution regarding issue.