cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Check Webex Teams

lisandro
Level 1
Level 1

I would like you to help me understand the world of webex equipment a bit as I had a question as a result of a question from a customer. Beforehand thank you very much.
We have CUCM on premises and the webex cloud solution.
I would like to know if the interns that are assigned to users who have webex teams, so that they can make and receive calls through webex teams, can they be shared? that is, if two users can share the same internal file. (It would be similar to setting up a shared line but using webex equipment)
I would like to know if it is possible to do what I am consulting or I am consulting something that is not technically possible.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

The Webex calling is dependent on what is configured in CUCM.  If you have this configured in CUCM those permissions should be available in Webex although there are limitations on line appearances.  I believe Webex will only provide inbound calls to the first line appearance.  

Another way around this could be to add the extension to the Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings for that line in CUCM so inbound calls would ring on another extension if the primary extension did not answer.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

This may answer your question:  A file that is placed in Webex Teams can be viewed by anyone but to work on the file it must be downloaded.  It can then be edited and the updated copy uploaded to Webex Teams for others in that Space.

Response Signature

Hello Kathy N.

I apologize, but I think I made an incorrect English translation of my question.

What I wanted to ask was the following: I will try to explain my question:

-If a user uses WEBEX TEAMS to make and receive calls through an extension (for example ext: 4444) registered in CUCM,

(We have WEBEX TEAMS CLOUD and CUCM on-premises) Can that same extension (ext: 4444) be shared with another user using WEBEX TEAMS? It would be like an analogy of a shared line in CUCM.

And how would you use the licenses in that case, if at all?

Thanks a lot

The Webex calling is dependent on what is configured in CUCM.  If you have this configured in CUCM those permissions should be available in Webex although there are limitations on line appearances.  I believe Webex will only provide inbound calls to the first line appearance.  

Another way around this could be to add the extension to the Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings for that line in CUCM so inbound calls would ring on another extension if the primary extension did not answer.

Response Signature

Dear Kathy N, surely this question is very silly but I want to understand something that is why I ask you.

a user using webex teams receives and makes calls through an extension number that is established in CUCM? such as "4444". If someone dials "4444" is it communicated to that user's webex teams and if that user makes an outgoing call does it through that internal?

So could a shared line be made, as is done, for example, with several HARDPHONE in CUCM? but you tell me that it has limitations

Thanks a lot

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.