cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom Virtual Background Cannot Be Used -- No + icon

BillDavis98372
Level 1
Level 1

I am able to use the virtual background feature in Webex and select from the three default images.  They work fine.

However, I do not have a "+ icon" to use a custom image for the virtual background.  I have tried PC, Mac, and Android.  Each have the three default images, but not the "+ icon" to select a custom image.

15 Replies 15

rgosula
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Using version 40.8.8.6 on Windows, and still no "+" sign.

you will want to make certain it is enabled by your Webex control hub admin for the webex site your user is registered to.

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I do not believe the custom backgrounds are generally available just yet. They should be in the 40.8 release sometime in August.

I'm using Webex version 40.7.4.15 and custom virtual backgrounds don't seem to be available, but there are a few stock ones that seem to work well without a green screen or solid background. I do not see the image with the plus sign inside that should allow me to import my own background. Custom backgrounds are mentioned in the link below as being in version 40.7, but it's not in the version of 40.7 that I am using.  There is another article that says that custom virtual backgrounds will be available in 40.8 .  As of today, July, 27, 2020, it is not in my version.

Link to help on virtual backgrounds:

https://help.webex.com/en-us/80jduab/Use-a-Virtual-Background-in-Webex-Meetings-Events-and-Training

One of my co-workers is using a custom background on her iPad.  Last meeting, she had her wedding alter as her background.  She said she has the plus sign, just like the instructions say.  I'm not sure why I don't get the plus icon, running the latest iOS and latest Webex.

Its because its still coming for Windows and Mac in 40.8 "Virtual Background - Choose Your Own Custom Image"

https://help.webex.com/en-us/xcwws1/What-s-New-for-the-Latest-Versions-of-Webex-Meetings#id_137328

For iOS it is there already and you need to check support iOS device type/model

"To use your own image for the virtual background, tap the + icon."
https://help.webex.com/en-us/80jduab/Use-a-Virtual-Background-in-Webex-Meetings-Events-and-Training#id_123357

Thanks

ashish

Response Signature

I have the latest Webex Meetings version (40.8.6.2) and don't see the + icon to add a custom background. I work with students and 2 of them have a visual impairment and need a high contrast background. How can I fix this?

The option to add a custom background is now available. Thanks.

Yes, you are correct -- I now have the + sign.  However, clicking on that brings up a box which indicates: "you can use virtual background after downloading" Click on DOWNLOAD and it says "Downloading" and then nothing happens.  There is a progress bar that never moves.

Your computer system may be locked from downloading additional tools or files by the administrator.  I'd check to see if this is the case.

When I "host" the meeting, the Plus Icon is present and I can add a virtual background.

When I attend a meeting, the Plus Icon is NOT present and I can only use the pre-loaded virtual background.

When my co-worked used the alter from her wedding, she was hosting the meeting.

I sometimes get the Virtual Background option, but when I try to use it says CPU and.or GPU not powerful enoigh - Don't believe it as using high end laptop - I think yje code cannot detect the CPU/GPU correctly and then it does not give me the option I am on latest 40.8.3.11 version

Ia  Ia

There are definitely CPU requirements for the Virtual Background.  But this thread is about CUSTOM virtual background options.

Same computer -- when hosting, get the custom option (PLUS icon), when not hosting can not get the custom option.

The point I was trying to make (probably badly) is after the CPU/GPU message pops up I NO LONGER get the "Virtual Background" +icon appear on my screen

where it was before

So Icon appears

Tries to work - CPU/GPU message

Icon no longer appears