cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hostkey keep changing in the latest release?

Did anyone noticed the hostkey keep changing if someone already reclaim it? And there are totally no email notification after hostkey changed? Is this a bug in the new release?

So the host need to login the Webex portal to check for the new generated hostkey?

2 Replies 2

EXOwebex1
Level 1
Level 1

I have set up a series of sessions, with the same contacts and presenter. for example, Monday through Friday at 2:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. when I go to see the organizer key information for each day, individually. Webex shows me the same password, but the next day it changes it to me throughout the series and so on every day.
In my particular case, I can have 10 webex users with 10 sessions at the same time. checking the change every day is very annoying. I don't know why they changed.

SAATech
Level 1
Level 1

The Host Key changing without notice is such an annoying problem when we have multiple volunteers taking turns hosting multiple weekly recurring meetings. One day the host key suddenly changes with no warning, and now there's no host, no ability to mute people, no ability to remove people, and since these volunteers don't have the password to Webex's admin portal, they have no way to look up the new code. Worse, since not even the account owner gets notified, no one realizes there's a problem until it's way too late. This should be a setting with a checkbox "Periodically auto-update host key." Or "Never change host key" and there should ALWAYS be a notification to the admin.  PLEASE FIX THIS.