cancel
Announcements
Walkthrough Wednesdays
Views
Helpful
Replies
LeonidGe
Beginner

How to change camera resolution/zoom in Cisco Webex Meetings, so just my face and not the whole room with other people will be seen?

Hello!

In Cisco Webex Meetings the camera shows all my room which is not a good thing, as I share it with my roommates who don't want to be seen. How can I make my video field narrower, so it will show just me? I sit 50 cm from the webcam, which is normal distance from the monitor, and my face is just about 1/5 of the width of the vide field, and it is really annoying. My colleges at work see all of the room which really disturbs me and others. I am using a USB webcam connected to my desktop PC.

Will appreciate any help!

2 REPLIES 2
Kathy N.
Collaborator

I believe this is a setting on your camera.  Check the documentation for your camera to see if you can change the field of view.  Otherwise I recommend using a virtual background so that only your face and upper torso will show in the meeting video.

Fritz_H
VIP Rising star

@LeonidGe 

since I have not yet seen any such settings in Webex, you may want to check the options of your Webcam.
In my case (Logitech C920) I use a tool called "Logitech Capture": It takes the video from the camera, applies some visual effects (optional; e.g. color-fx, sharpening, softening, white-balance, resolution, aspect ratio...) and forwards the processed video as a virtual webcam to Webex.

I don´t know if this tool also works with non-logitech cams but there are several virtual webcam-tools out there.

example: Cisco mentions this in its Webex-AppHub:  Manycam | Cisco Webex App Hub

Content for Community-Ad