cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change camera resolution/zoom in Cisco Webex Meetings, so just my face and not the whole room with other people will be seen?

LeonidGe
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

In Cisco Webex Meetings the camera shows all my room which is not a good thing, as I share it with my roommates who don't want to be seen. How can I make my video field narrower, so it will show just me? I sit 50 cm from the webcam, which is normal distance from the monitor, and my face is just about 1/5 of the width of the vide field, and it is really annoying. My colleges at work see all of the room which really disturbs me and others. I am using a USB webcam connected to my desktop PC.

Will appreciate any help!

2 Replies 2

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@LeonidGe 

since I have not yet seen any such settings in Webex, you may want to check the options of your Webcam.
In my case (Logitech C920) I use a tool called "Logitech Capture": It takes the video from the camera, applies some visual effects (optional; e.g. color-fx, sharpening, softening, white-balance, resolution, aspect ratio...) and forwards the processed video as a virtual webcam to Webex.

I don´t know if this tool also works with non-logitech cams but there are several virtual webcam-tools out there.

example: Cisco mentions this in its Webex-AppHub:  Manycam | Cisco Webex App Hub

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

I believe this is a setting on your camera.  Check the documentation for your camera to see if you can change the field of view.  Otherwise I recommend using a virtual background so that only your face and upper torso will show in the meeting video.

Response Signature