cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to silence WebEx Meetings on iPad

Denis74906
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using an iPad as a second screen (or second login) on my WebEx meeting. This allows me to see what I'm sharing with the participants as seen by the other participants. Somehow I cannot completely silence the WebEx Meetings session on my iPad. Am I missing something, or is this simply not possible?

1 Accepted Solution

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @Denis74906 ,

On your iPad, touch the elipsis (...) and choose Change Audio Connection

This gives you an option Don't Connect Audio

Your strategy of using the iPad to see what is being seen is far better than the rather annoying drop-down thing that gets in the road when you are sharing a screen.

I hope this helps.

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @Denis74906 ,

On your iPad, touch the elipsis (...) and choose Change Audio Connection

This gives you an option Don't Connect Audio

Your strategy of using the iPad to see what is being seen is far better than the rather annoying drop-down thing that gets in the road when you are sharing a screen.

I hope this helps.

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@Denis74906 

Do you really still need this work-around?

In June 2020 Cisco announced this feature: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipkYcVEILuY

It is already available in Webex-Meetings, but not (yet?) in Webex(-Teams).

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.