Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I can't be given remote control in WebEx meetings

When another member wants to give remote control directly to me in WebEx meetings, unfortunately my name does not appear in the options but all other participants can be selected. When we are the only two participants, the other has no option at all to give me remote control. 

Unfortunately, I myself cannot give remote control to anyone else. I can share the my screen but I can't give remote control to anyone else. Unfortunately, I can't solve the problem myself.

3 Replies 3

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

@Martins.Kripsevics  is correct.  If you join a meeting using the web browser instead of the app you can't give remote control to your device to anyone else in the meeting.  Cisco says this is as designed.  If you join a Breakout Room, you aren't able to share either.  Here is the official response from Cisco regarding these limitations:  https://help.webex.com/en-us/n0rqd8g/Webex-Meetings-Web-App-Known-Issues-and-Limitations 

Response Signature

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@Martins.Kripsevics 

In case you are joining the Webex-Session via WebBrowser: I guess this feature is only available if you join using the Webex-Client.

kndskelton
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if this will help but, The only way I have been able to do this is by asking the person who will be offering remote control.. to share their desktop and then you ask for remote control. The person you're requesting remote control from will need to approve you to have that right. I know that during presentations you can select someone to advance your presentation too but, that has been clunky for me.