cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

iOS (Android probably too): Bug: chat participant name and time of post not breaking/unreadable if too long

Michael K.
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I found a bug in Webex chat on iOS.

the full name and time of the post of other participants in threads are not readable, depending on their length, since it does not break on the end of the line of the screen. Allow it to be multiline and let it break on the sides so you can actually see the full persons name and the time of the post itself.

This is especially an issue when contacting people from corporations including their full department information after their name, e.g. consider a person called Thisisa Verylongname (COMPANY BRANCH DEPARTMENT NAME). 

Neither their full name nor their time of replies will be visible in a thread on smaller screens.

It will therefore look something along the lines of Thisisa Verylongname (COMPANY BRANCH DEPARTM... and thus neither full name nor time visible.

Since this occurred on iPhone 12 Pro Max with 6.7 inch screen size with medium font size set in system settings I’d assume it’s an issue about everywhere on mobile, I even tested with minimum font size and could see the full name and time of the reply only after turning to landscape orientation (this is not a suitable workaround however).

I Didn’t test this on Android, but I’d assume it’s same there.

When in a thread on mobile with limited screen size let any text break on end of line to fix the issue.

Kind regards, Michael K.

1 Reply 1

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Michael K. 

Thank you for posting that here in the community. Sending this to the proper team on my end. Will keep you updated. 

Response Signature

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.