Announcements
Walkthrough Wednesdays
Views
Helpful
Replies
dp7693
Beginner

Notifications

My notifications sound is on but not working.  I have restarted about 4 times & still not working.  Any suggestions?

22 REPLIES 22

Same problem here - What version of macOS are you running? I'm on macOS Catalina 10.15.7.

Oliver.Chase
Beginner

I'm also having the same problem of notifications not sounding. I'm also on Mac. It's a recent development. I've double checked volume, notification settings at the mac level, and notification settings at the webex level several times.

zyordy
Cisco Employee

I started having this problem within the last week and a half or two. What versions are people running? I'm on macOS Catalina 10.15.7 with Webex App version 41.4.0.18629.

I have the same problem and I'm running Webex Version 41.4.0.18629 and MacOS 11.3.

zyordy
Cisco Employee

I just did some research on internal cases. To help folks out - it seems that there are specific affected versions of the Webex App, specifically including (but not limited to) 41.4.0.18516 and 41.4.0.18629.

There is a current known bug for this issue, CSCvy18132. This issue should be fixed in June via Webex version 41.6 and later. Hopefully that helps!

zyordy
Cisco Employee

Ok, last update for now. I just downloaded the latest version of the Webex app here: https://www.webex.com/downloads.html/ After installing, this brought me up to version 41.5.0.18787, which actually fixes the issue for me! If you all are struggling, try manually downloading the latest version and see if that fixes your issue.

View solution in original post

It seems that fixed the issue for me as well. Odd because I uninstalled/reinstalled just last week.

Either this v41.5 was just released or I somehow got an older version. Thank you Zachary for coming back to update us!

Finally! Thank you so much. I downloaded and installed Webex v41.5 and notification sounds are back!

Content for Community-Ad