cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Notifications

dp7693
Level 1
Level 1

My notifications sound is on but not working.  I have restarted about 4 times & still not working.  Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

zyordy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ok, last update for now. I just downloaded the latest version of the Webex app here: https://www.webex.com/downloads.html/ After installing, this brought me up to version 41.5.0.18787, which actually fixes the issue for me! If you all are struggling, try manually downloading the latest version and see if that fixes your issue.

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22

zyordy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I started having this problem within the last week and a half or two. What versions are people running? I'm on macOS Catalina 10.15.7 with Webex App version 41.4.0.18629.

zyordy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ok, last update for now. I just downloaded the latest version of the Webex app here: https://www.webex.com/downloads.html/ After installing, this brought me up to version 41.5.0.18787, which actually fixes the issue for me! If you all are struggling, try manually downloading the latest version and see if that fixes your issue.

Finally! Thank you so much. I downloaded and installed Webex v41.5 and notification sounds are back!

It seems that fixed the issue for me as well. Odd because I uninstalled/reinstalled just last week.

Either this v41.5 was just released or I somehow got an older version. Thank you Zachary for coming back to update us!

zyordy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I just did some research on internal cases. To help folks out - it seems that there are specific affected versions of the Webex App, specifically including (but not limited to) 41.4.0.18516 and 41.4.0.18629.

There is a current known bug for this issue, CSCvy18132. This issue should be fixed in June via Webex version 41.6 and later. Hopefully that helps!

I have the same problem and I'm running Webex Version 41.4.0.18629 and MacOS 11.3.

Oliver.Chase
Level 1
Level 1

I'm also having the same problem of notifications not sounding. I'm also on Mac. It's a recent development. I've double checked volume, notification settings at the mac level, and notification settings at the webex level several times.

maglittl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there, I am having the same issue; I believe my app got updated and since then, it hasn't been working. Tried all suggested solutions in the thread here...did you ever figure out how to get your notification sound back? 

Same problem here - What version of macOS are you running? I'm on macOS Catalina 10.15.7.

No I did not. I was going to call my company helpdesk to see if they can troubleshoot it for me.

Perhaps uninstalling and reinstalling it could fix it?

I already tried uninstall/reinstall 3 times. I actually got a new laptop (for other reasons) and I still have the exact same problem, so it's definitely a software issue.

ASHEK.HOSSAIN
Level 1
Level 1

Similar issue on the MAC, rings when I receive calls but message notification is dead, I can hear the notification only when I keep the preference window open. 

I'm also having this same problem, on macOS Catalina 10.15.7. What version of macOS are you running?

I have same issue as Ashek. I am also on a Mac. Notifications are enabled in app and in system settings. Speakers work fine for everything else. If I change notification sound in Webex preference I can hear it.

Very frustrating.

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you check if notifications are allowed at device-level?
https://help.webex.com/en-us/5wy2h0/Smart-Notifications-from-Cisco-Webex-Teams-on-Multiple-Devices

I have seen someone else having similar issue on her Mac and for her the sound notifications for Webex Teams were disabled at device-level.

Response Signature

I just checked my settings & all of my notification sounds show "on".  Again, all other sounds are working fine except for Webex Teams.  

I was able to correct this issue myself.  I went to the "connect to a device" then selected the "click here to fix problems".  From there I checked the "enable detailed paired logging".  That somehow fixed my problem & it is now working.  Not sure how it got turned off since I never disabled it.  

@dp7693 

Thanks for the update.
Your posting makes me guess, that you are using some USB- or Bluetooth- Audio-Devices.. ?

None of the above. I have a company issued laptop. I also noticed this morning that I had to perform the same process as it had been disabled again.

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@dp7693 
- does your computer have a speaker? = can you hear any other notification sounds (from other applications)?
- try to select a different notification-sound in the Teams Client.
- when changing the notification-sound in the Client-Settings: can you hear the sound?
- my external speakers go to standby after 5 minutes of silence and need about 3 seconds to wake up again which is too long for a short "beep". Do you perhaps have a similar setup?
- You checked the Volume Settings? (I don´t know which system you use, but Windows allows to set separate volume-levels for each application..)
- dido you check the Audio-Settings of the Teams-Client? to which device/Audio-Port does Teams send the sounds?

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.