cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Request: Saner notifications in Webex Teams

AlexanderM
Level 1
Level 1

In Webex Teams it is currently impossible to tune the notification settings sufficiently. I see no way for finding support for requirements, described below, which I think is common among Webex Teams users.

I have some spaces that I am interested in actively following the activity (chat etc) in, and some others that I am not interested in following the activity in. Requirements:

1. I want to see a list of all spaces in my teams, so that I can quickly navigate to any one space if I need to.
  2. I do not want to be notified of activity that I am not interested in.
  3. I want to be able to quickly get an overview of activity that I want to follow up on. For example, see a list of spaces that have new chat messages.

To be clear, the biggest problem I have right now is that there is no way to maintain the list of all spaces while having it so that only the spaces that I am interested in gets bold-marked signalling new chat messages (requirement 2 and 3). The only option, as I see it, would be to completely hide the spaces that I am not immediately interested in, but that violates requirement 1. I find that I keep clicking through spaces that I know I am not interested in following, just to get rid of the bold-marking. This is very frustrating in the long run.

I suggest that the "Off" notification setting does not bold-mark the space on new activity. This would make the bold-marking more meaningful, and would signal "Here is activity that you are interested in following", and not just "Here is some activity". 

5 Replies 5

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

You can set notifications with several different settings.  See this Cisco help article for information on the 5 different settings:

https://help.webex.com/en-us/ng7w8cj/Webex-Teams-Tips-for-Managing-Notifications

Response Signature

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

You can set notifictions with several different settings.  See this Cisco help article for information on the 5 different settings:

https://help.webex.com/en-us/ng7w8cj/Webex-Teams-Tips-for-Managing-Notifications

Response Signature

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Please see response to your requirements:

1. I want to see a list of all spaces in my teams, so that I can quickly navigate to any one space if I need to.

- Webex Teams has three tabs "All", "People" and "Spaces". When you select Spaces tab it will show you all your only. The only problem is it does not show the Spaces in Alphabetical Order (A-Z) or (Z-A).

2. I do not want to be notified of activity that I am not interested in.

3. I want to be able to quickly get an overview of activity that I want to follow up on. For example, see a list of spaces that have new chat messages.

- Each Space has an option to Turn Off notification which will stop the Pop up notification but it will still mark the Space with bold-marking. At this time it is not possible to turn off notification for bold-marking.

I understand your frustration for these requirements and I would recommend to submit your suggestions at below URL:

https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

> I understand your frustration for these requirements and I would recommend to submit your suggestions at below URL:

Thanks for the pointer, I have created https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WXCUST-I-288

> - Webex Teams has three tabs "All", "People" and "Spaces". When you select Spaces tab it will show you all your only. The only problem is it does not show the Spaces in Alphabetical Order (A-Z) or (Z-A).

That does not help me at all. Even in the "All" tab I still have the other problems, that requirement 3 is not fulfilled.
Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.