Helpful
Replies

The Webex site URL you entered is not a valid

arief.nugroho
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Technical Support, and everyone

I think Cisco Webex Meetings App at my netbook have problem:

"The Webex site URL you entered is not a valid Webex site URL or that Webex site is currently unavailable. Check the URL and try again later."

any suggestion...
help me please

8 Replies 8

i have this problem too. From 05/07/2021, my webex site can't access anymore, my schedule meeting can't start any more too. all client connect to my site have same error, and they also can't start or join another meeting. Please help me.

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@arief.nugroho 

2 ideas come to my mind:

- the URL may have been become truncated during mail-Transfer.
In case the URL wraps around 2 lines it may perhaps happen, that the application only makes the first part "hyperlinked" - missing the parts in the next line..

- Security-software that modifies the link.
I recently noticed, that the default-config of free version of Kaspersky AV does rename attachment-extensions, which makes it impossible to open them directly. Perhaps you use something similar?

Did you manage to connect to webex-meetings successfully before? (using the same computer, ISP etc..)

Hey thanks for sharing your ideas, 

-I cannot sign it within my home wifi connection but I can sign it with my phone connection for example.

-It had always worked, we use webex meeting as main platform at work. it just stopped working from one day another.

-nothing has changed in the router settings, I tried also to bring down the firewall restart and reset the router, nothing still does not want to work with my wifi connection. I can't even ping the company.webex.com  

-with the cisco support we are trying to sort out what's going on, gonna let you know if we solve it. but if someone has some ideas don't be afraid of sharing those please

Try to tracert to the webex site from home and check where the tracing stops, it could be an issue from ISP side. 

I once faced this issue and wasn't able to reach my company.webex.com from my home internet turned out something was stopping my connection to be established from ISP network 

@alexbardelli05858 
thanks for your reply.
OK:
it works in the office - using the same computer/device?

it does not work from home - did it work before from home? still using the same computer that still does work in the office?
does "everything else" work at home using this computer? (www.cisco.com etc..?)

To narrow down the possible root-cause, I would try to enable the hotspot-feature on your smartphone, connect the Computer (Notebook?) to this hotspot and try again to connect to the Webex-session.
(make sure the Notebook has no connection to the home-network during that test)

If this does work, the issue is very likely caused by your Internet-Setup at home.

HM8
Level 1
Level 1

Webex will only work with TLS 1.2

On Windows 10

• Go into Control Panel (Make sure View by is set to Small icons)
  • Open Internet Options>click on the Advanced Tab
  • Click the Reset button at the bottom
  • Then Scroll down to the bottom and tick  TLS 1.2
  • Click Apply, OK
Then open your Webex and log in.

what you suggusted does not work in my case, still facing this error message

I think Cisco Webex Meetings software at my windows have problem:

"The Webex site URL you entered is not a valid Webex site URL or that Webex site is currently unavailable. Check the URL and try again later."

any suggestion...
help me please
Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.