Views
Helpful
Replies

Webcam issues with Webex app

archie_flip
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Does anyone know why my Webcam works with Webex Meetings but not the Webex app? Is there any way to resolve this? My webcam provides much better video quality and would like to use this for my team webinars.

5 Replies 5

archie_flip
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the suggestion @kndskelton . I will try this. What is the link to the Multicam demo?
I have the Sony webcam driver installed.

My apologies I had the App name wrong. It's called Manycam. (I was close!) https://manycam.com/ is the link. THey have a free / demo version.

here is a quick how-to from Manycam..

https://help.manycam.com/knowledge-base/webex-meetings/

archie_flip
Level 1
Level 1

I appreciate your response @Wade H. The camera doesn't pop up as an option to act as my video source, so yes, it is not being recognized on the Webex App.

I am using a Sony A6300 mirrorless camera, which provides significantly better video than my MacBook pro. To get it to act as a recognized webcam, I had to download Imaging Edge, which is Sony-based.  I am only using one camera. As mentioned, it is recognized on Webex Meetings just fine, but the Webex app won't even recognize it. Any thoughts?

Check Sony for a driver. I understand that it works with one WebEx app and not the other but, this may be as simple as utilizing the correct driver. Or.. try a demo of Multicam. I know my Panasonic GH4 has an app that is supposed to work with the virtual meeting Apps. It's worth a shot!

Wade H.
Spotlight
Spotlight

I think you're going to need to provide more details for a useful response. When you say it doesn't work in the Webex app, what does that mean? The device is not recognized? You're getting an error? Video is black?

Also, what is the make/model of your camera? 

You say your webcam provides better video quality... better than what? Do you have 2 cameras?

Help us help you

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.