cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex meeting recording downloaded as a text file instead of video file, HELP

joshua.skovlund
Level 1
Level 1

I recorded a meeting I had that contains important information. For some reason, my recording showed up as a text file and not a video/audio file. I have the recorder downloader for Webex and I've never had this problem before. Does anyone have any pointers on how to convert a webex text file back into a video format? Thanks in advance!

4 Replies 4

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

If transcription is turned on you would get a text file option in addition to the recording.  Can you double check that the recording was downloaded and not the transcription text file?

Response Signature

The only file that showed up in the destination folder for my recordings was a data file (.webex) 

I did a practice meeting recording prior to the call and after, and that provided a video/mp4 file, but for some reason this one showed up as a data file.  I don't see it listed under my recordings either.

The .webex format is a Cisco video format.  Please see the information in this COMMUNITY POST for information on how you can open it and convert it.

Response Signature

Are you saving to your desktop or to the cloud? If the cloud.. have you checked the recordings on your account to see if it's listed there?

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.