cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Teams window keep re-centering itself on the desktop every time it is re-opened

DSorak
Level 1
Level 1

Is it just me or does the Webex Teams window keep re-centering itself every time it is re-opened or when it is restored by clicking on a notification? I run Windows 10, have a 4K monitor, and I like to manage the desktop layout in a certain way that keeps me organized, but Webex Teams is the only application that does not want to play nice and keeps moving its window to the center of my screen every time it is re-opened.

Is this happening for others? I can't seem to find an discussion about this here, so I am wondering if it is just localized to my installation?

It should be noted that I have tried both the Aero placement feature and manual positioning/sizing. For Aero I have noticed that Windows does not remember the size and position of the Areo-assisted placement for other apps and that the "floating" size and position is the one it saves, so I have even attempted to manually place Webex without using any Aero feature. For other applications, I can resize away from the edge and then move it to where I want it without any help from Aero and it will re-open in the same location. But when I do this with Webex, it inevitably ends up centering itself and I have to move it back to where I want it manually.

For most applications, this would not be too much of an issue because they are not opened/re-opened as much as a messaging app, but it has come to the point that I am really tired of moving Webex around all the time.

I know that there are tools (like WinSize2) that assist with this, but I thought I would report it here because Webex clearly has different behavior than other applications when it comes to this.

5 Replies 5

KenKuhns
Level 1
Level 1

This behavior is STILL happening and is still highly annoying.  Why would the application jump to the center of the screen when clicking on a notification from it?  Please fix this!

FeliZ
Level 1
Level 1

This is happening for me, too. This is not about initially opening the application but about the application changing position on screen when it is activated by clicking a message notification.

This also happens whenever I have previously moved the the Webex window to the screen border so it occupys only half the screen. As soon as I receive and click on a message notification, the window is restored to its non-docked state. Instead it should just stay where it was before.

To be completely unambiguous, here are three screenshots.

1. Window is "docked" to the left half of the screen (Win + ←)

2. notification received

3. after clicking a notification. Window has moved to the centre of the screen

No other application does this and neither should Cisco Webex Teams.

This is extremely annoying since whatever I have on the right half of the screen will be obscured.

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@DSorak 

As far as I can say:
The Webex Teams Client for Windows does not remember it´s Window-Position, -Proportions, -Location etc. from one session to the next.
But why do you have to re-position the window so often? Do you quit the application every time?

When I close the Window, the application is just minized to an Icon
in the area formerly called "Windows System Tray" - bottom right corner, close to date and time.

But you are right: this behavior is not state of the art.
(BTW: the Webex-Meetings Client is also not smart enough to remember the last Screen-Position..)

I am sure there are already several requests to address this issue, but please don´t hesitate to post your own
or support an already existing one in this "Ideas and Suggestions"-Forum
by Cisco: https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas

there is already an "Idea and Suggestion" that matches this one and deserves a few votes
https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WXCUST-I-1404

Hi @Fritz_H - It's not so much when re-starting the application, but more so when I minimize it and then click on a notification, when the window restores, it changes position to the middle of my desktop. This is the most annoying behavior.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.