cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why can't I cancel a meeting near time or in progress?

Webex will never let me cancel a meeting if it's in progress, but I also get the error notification even if the starting time is close. I tried to cancel a meeting 10 min in advance today and kept getting the error message that a meeting in progress can't be cancelled. But others I work with are able to do this. So is there something wrong with my settings? 

3 Replies 3

Hi,

If wanting to delete the meeting before starting and you would receive the error, You cannot change this meeting because it has already started or in progress depending on where you want to delete the Meeting I would try starting the meeting and then ending it. Once done you should be able to delete and send the request out to cancel meeting.

Kay.Smith
Level 1
Level 1

I have this exact same problem. If you get a run of late apologies within 30 minutes of a meeting you cannot cancel it if it was created via Outlook. To date I cannot find anything in my settings to allow cancellation of meeting, including un-ticking the box to allow people to join prior to the meeting time. As an organisational account, this is a huge problem! It would be great if Cisco could please provide a fix to this problem ASAP. We are all held to account to attend meetings set in our calendars, and rely on outlook calendars to view colleagues availability. 

Simply changing the meeting time does not work for me, I cannot save the change. I need to;

1. log into my Webex account from the web browser,

2. find and delete the meeting in the browser (it does not remove meeting from outlook)

3. go back to outlook, open the meeting and attempt to change the meeting date/time to another day in the future

4. cancel the error message that says it cannot be amended as it has been deleted on the web

5. click on cancel the meeting

Hope this helps others to tackle this glitch. 

Thank you

Kay

I would like to get a response to this issue, too.  Meetings often cancel close to or at the time a meeting is supposed to start.  So far, it appears that the only thing one can do is change the start time of the meeting and then it can be canceled.  That should not be the case.

Please advise of a much more efficient way to cancel a meeting from Outlook or Webex Meetings when the Host/organizer of the meeting wants to cancel it WITHOUT having to change the time.

Thank you

Francine

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.