cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding/Moving Call-in Users to Breakout Rooms in Webex Training Center

joseph.kmiech
Level 1
Level 1

I am working with a Faculty member on my campus on the concept of using WebEx training center for one of his courses as a test.  He wants to use it for the Breakout Room feature.  However, we can not figure out how to move a dial in user to a breakout room.  When we have people dialed in, there does not seem to be a way to manually or automatically move them to the break-out rooms.  This is a make it or break it need, as we have many students with spotty broadband in rural communities that may need this as a back up method to participate.

1 Accepted Solution

Clare Davis, Webex SME
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joseph, 

Unfortunately there is not a way to move call-in users to breakouts.  If they are using a mobile device an option could be to have them join using the Webex Meetings App. 

If its a landline, then in the past, I would have all my attendees that are connected via the Webex Training portion move to breakouts, but I would have the "Call-in Users" remain in the main session and use that as their place to talk among themselves.  

Response Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Clare Davis, Webex SME
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joseph, 

Unfortunately there is not a way to move call-in users to breakouts.  If they are using a mobile device an option could be to have them join using the Webex Meetings App. 

If its a landline, then in the past, I would have all my attendees that are connected via the Webex Training portion move to breakouts, but I would have the "Call-in Users" remain in the main session and use that as their place to talk among themselves.  

Response Signature

Our court system recently mandated the use of Webex over Zoom to conduct court hearings.  I discovered quickly this issue of call-in users not being able to be placed in breakout rooms, a feature that Zoom allows.  This is a major problem for courts that need the ability to move litigants between rooms to operate efficiently, effectively and confidentially as we did with Zoom.  Will this issue be addressed and fixed?  If Zoom can do it, I'm sure Webex can figure it out, too!  

For a more detailed description of the issue, think of the main room as a courtroom full of attendees.  Once a case is called, it may be necessary for a party to discuss an issue with their counsel or counsel to have a conversation with another party privately.  After disposition of a matter, in Zoom we would send litigants to a breakout room to discuss payment arrangements or any other issues with court staff so the judge could go on to the next case.  If any of those users are call-in users, the whole system fails and other arrangements have to be made outside of this virtual process.  It's super inefficient and a significant problem in my opinion.  

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.