Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendee unable to move into breakout room during training session

Greetings,

I read in one of the support articles that some mobile users may not be able to move into breakout rooms but I cannot find more details on when that occurs. My guess is it has something to do with their audio not being connected to their Webex occurrence. Can someone help me understand what I need to do to ensure my attendees are all able to be moved into breakout rooms successfully? I would assume using the integrated Webex audio would yield no issues and I also would think when a user has Webex call them that is also seamless. I am guessing it has something to do with when a user calls a dial-in number on their phone and does not enter a participant pin to associate with their Webex occurrence. Is this correct? And, if so, is the solution to ensure all users who dial-in make sure htey have entered the Webex session first so they have their unique participant ID?

Thanks so much.

Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Exactly!  If they do need to call in,  they still join the session first, but when prompted to connect to audio, (phone options) there is a drop down that provides a Call In option that gives the dial in number, access code, and attedee id. 

This dial in info is also found for each participant in that info tab you see in the top left area.  Attendee ID's are all unique to each person, and that is will put the phone icon to the left of their name.  

Response Signature

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Clare Davis, Webex SME
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Attendees on mobile devices will be prompted to move into a breakout.  Its "Call-in users" that you can't assign to a breakout.  If you assign a participant to a breakout, and they do not have an audio icon to the left of their name, it will still move that person into a breakout, and once they get in the breakout, the audio pop will prompt them to connect to the integrated audio.  

If you were unable to move someone into a breakout, perhaps there was a potential issue with their connection to the web portion of the session.  

Mobile users USED to have to remain in the main session as they were not able to be moved, but that changed quite a few versions ago so now they are good to go!

Response Signature

Thanks Clare,

A few questions for you.

1. I tried to find this in the documentation but could not figure out which icons appear based on the type of audio connection an attendee is using (Webex integration, dial-in, have Webex call them, video system). I assume this is how I, as the Host/Presenter, will know who has which connections so I know if anyone will have trouble moving into a breakout room.

2. Are you saying that an attendee who has dialed in can never be moved into a breakout room or is there something special that can be done to move that user?

3. I don't know how many of our attendees would be connecting through a video system (I am not even sure what that is, quite frankly) but I believe I read somewhere that connecting in this way will also not work for moving into a breakout room. Is that true?

Thanks so much

Eric

Hi Eric - 

Your Questions + an answer. ;) 

I tried to find this in the documentation but could not figure out which icons appear based on the type of audio connection an attendee is using (Webex integration, dial-in, have Webex call them, video system). I assume this is how I, as the Host/Presenter, will know who has which connections so I know if anyone will have trouble moving into a breakout room.  In Webex Training the audio icons will show people connected by phone (phone icon) Computer (computer icon) and Mobile (Mobile icon) all should be able to moved into breakouts, and if one of the three icons is next to their name, their audio will go too.  Video Conferencing systems are unable to join Webex Training sessions. 

Are you saying that an attendee who has dialed in can never be moved into a breakout room or is there something special that can be done to move that user?  If there is a "call in user" you are unable to move a call-in user" that is phone connection only.

for the last question, Video systems are not supported in Webex Training.  You can give participants a heads up letting them know to join using a computer or the mobile app. 

Response Signature

Perfect. I was misunderstanding "call-in" user but you have made it clear. In terms of a user who joins the Webex and then dials in using the number given to in the Webex session, is it true that they have to be sure to enter the participant pin (or whatever it is called in Webex) in order to link their audio to themself as the Webex participant? 

Exactly!  If they do need to call in,  they still join the session first, but when prompted to connect to audio, (phone options) there is a drop down that provides a Call In option that gives the dial in number, access code, and attedee id. 

This dial in info is also found for each participant in that info tab you see in the top left area.  Attendee ID's are all unique to each person, and that is will put the phone icon to the left of their name.  

Response Signature

I think I am fully tracking with you Clare. Thank you for taking the time to help me out. Your patience is greatly appreciated!

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.