Views
Helpful
Replies

Online career fair using Cisco Webex Training

eliegerges
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I created several breakout sessions in Cisco Webex training for an online career fair and i need your help for the following question :

1) How to disable whiteboard inside a breakout session.

2) How to edit session description so it can be related to the company owner of the session

3) Is it possible to shift the list of breakout sessions from the right corner to be in the middle

4) How can an attendee share privately a CV with the representative (Host of the session) or even when chatting, without the knowing of all session participants.

Thank youu

Elie

3 Replies 3

Hi Elie,

I am not sure I can answer each of these but I will contribute what I can and let others confirm or add.

1. I do not believe there is a way to disable whiteboards. I think they are automatically enabled for all participants in the breakout session. I have not tried this, but you can see if the Presenter in a breakout session has the ability to modify any Participant Permissions under the Participants menu at the top of the screen. I do not believe there is the ability to  change whiteboards or who can share/use them in breakouts...at least not from my experience.

2. When you are assigning breakout sessions, you can give each breakout room a different name, rather than having it default to just "Breakout #1," "Breakout #2," etc. I am not sure if this accomplishes what you are looking for but it can help attendees determine which "room" they want to JOIN, if you are giving them open access to any/all of the Career Fair rooms. I am not sure if this breakout room name appears anywhere INSIDE the breakout room, but if you have enabled the setting that allows people to JOIN breakout sessions without an invitation, the name should be clear on the Breakout Session panel.

3. I am not sure I followed this question. Are you talking about the order of the panels along the right side of the screen, or are you asking about whether a panel can be "floated" into the middle of the screen? Participants have the ability (I think) to re-order their panels so changing it on your end (as Presenter) will not necessarily impact how the panels align on each attendee's screen. Sorry if I am missing your question here.

4. Again, I am trying to make sure I know what you are asking. Assuming you have CHAT turned on, participants should be able to select the recipient of their chat messages (host, individual panelist, all panelists, all attendees, etc.). They just use the drop down menu above the CHAT box and indicate the recipient. To my knowledge, there is no way to SHARE (a file, document, CV, etc.) only with an individual. Shared items appear in the content viewer and I do not know of a way to limit who can see those items.

So sorry if I missed the mark on some of your questions. i just want to be helpful, where I can be, as a member of this online community. I have been so helped by others so hopefully something here is useful to you.

Best wishes on a successful event.

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your answers.

How far can we go in the customization of the webex training (for online Career Fair) as per any client request.

For example the list of the Breakout Sessions on the bottom right corner of the page can it be aligned in the middle of the window so that the attendees can see it in front of them and what about the description in each one of the breakout session can it be for example a description about a company and maybe a "brochure" or videos about it added so that the attendee can see them before talking to the representative.

So sorry for the delayed reply,

I am not expert in this - can only share our experiences. I do not see a way to move the entire breakout panel to the "middle" of the screen. Each participant can shift how the panels appear on THEIR right side but you cannot control that for them. I think your best bet is to give each breakout room a clear name and perhaps have something up in the content viewer (whether a single slide or a series of self-advancing slides) that gives greater detail on each of the breakout rooms so they know which one to join. You can also have some detailed information in a PDF format that can be shared with attendees via the File Transfer window. You can also place a link in the CHAT log if you want attendees to be directed to information stored on a website (links within the CHAT log are clickable; links on the content viewer are not, I believe). We use self-advancing slides to engage the attendees as soon as they land in the main room so I am a fan of that. However, I don't fully know what information you want to provide for them that will give more detail about each room. I assume you have a "greeter" in the main room welcoming people as they arrive? This greeter could direct individuals to review what is on the slides and then type any questions they have in the CHAT panel (if this is how you go, be sure your settings are such that people are only chatting to you/panelists). 

Hope any of this helps!

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.