cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pre-Assigned Breakout Sessions

RACHEL_FULLER
Level 1
Level 1

I have access to WebEx Training and have participants register for the session.

I am able to go into the Training beforehand and set-up the breakout sessions manually and assign everyone to their respective rooms. Once I start the Training Session live though and go to the Breakout Session, my assignments are no longer there and I have to manually create the rooms again.

Has anyone experienced this or have any tips?

3 Replies 3

jdmatthews5
Level 1
Level 1

I experienced the same problem.  I logged into my Webex account online, pre-assigned breakout sessions with specific participants in 11 sessions and clicked on "Create".  I logged out and logged back in and it reflected that my breakout sessions were still intact.  However, when I logged into my Webex account online today (the day of the meeting), there were only 11 breakout sessions with one member in each one (the other 106 attendees weren't listed in any breakout sessions).  Unfortunately, this was 15 minutes before said meeting and there was no way to log into the meeting and choose the participants for each session.  I made sure to use the web app and not desktop app for the meeting, so I'm not sure what went wrong.  

nknaismith
Level 1
Level 1

I ran into this issue as well, and spent some time trouble shooting. In my case, what I found is that I have to launch the meeting from the web after assigning breakout teams, not from the desktop app. Launching from the web opened the desktop app, where I had visibility to the pre-assigned breakout teams in the breakout panel with people automatically being assigned after they joined. I hope this works for you as well!

Rachel,

Are you saying you go into the session, create the breakout assignments and then log back out/end the session? If that is the case, I do not believe those assignments persist next time you use the link to start the session. If I am understanding you correctly, you would want to enter your session early enough to make those assignments but stay in the active session. I may not be understanding your issue exactly - just trying to offer support. Feel free to clarify a little and I (or someone else) can probably confirm or give guidance.

Best,

Eric

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.