Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about multimedia sharing and expanding attendee's viewing area

Good day!

I was recently testing the Share Multimedia functionality for the first time as we plan some new training sessions. I see the Multimedia Viewer panel open up but some of my attendees were able to drag the panel to take up almost the full width of their monitor (thus making the video easier to view), while others could only drag open the panel to cover about 1/3 of their screen (making the video in the panel tougher to view). What would create this inconsistency from attendee to attendee? I like being able to share video but want to make sure attendees are not frustrated with such a small viewing area if they are unable to expand it significantly.

Any guidance would be great!

Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Matt_W
Level 3
Level 3

If you share the content via multimedia and some people are viewing via a browser instead of the app the URL will open in another browser tab which allows for full frame viewing. however if it is in the Events App then the content is in the separate section of the window and you can't really make it full screen. That said, if you have the content as a file you can share the file which allows you to see it in the main frame.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Matt_W
Level 3
Level 3

If you share the content via multimedia and some people are viewing via a browser instead of the app the URL will open in another browser tab which allows for full frame viewing. however if it is in the Events App then the content is in the separate section of the window and you can't really make it full screen. That said, if you have the content as a file you can share the file which allows you to see it in the main frame.

It's so annoying that this this shared in the Multimedia Viewer in a right-hand side panel in the main App and not as a new tab similar to the whiteboard... The current option makes it incredibly small for our participants when in file-share mode (not screen share, I can see they can make it bigger when I'm sharing my full desktop - why only in this option!?!) making it pretty unusable where sharing videos from the Web... It's such a shame as viewing videos online this way has proved to be a much better viewing experience than using the share video file (it's much quicker as there are no playback issues as seen when sharing large video files). As a company we often share videos via YouTube or Vimeo instead of sharing the actual files so being able to share via multimedia is such a good capability, shame it doesn't seem to be well thoughtout here. I wonder.. is there a plan to have the Multimedia Viewer as another tab, similar to file/whiteboard share? This would make so much more sense in my opinion.

I would recommend submitting this as a new feature request using the following link. I agree with you. This could be used to enhance the experience overall.
https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/

Thanks Matt

I appreciate your reply. Because we lose so much functionality when attendees join a training session via the web/browser app, we encourage them to use the desktop app to join the meeting. I will keep this in mind, however, if I have attendees who have joined my session via the web app instead. That does make sense...and I appreciate your thoughts about file sharing instead. I have not played around much with a file that has an embedded video in it. I will have to give that a shot. Thank you!

Clare Davis, Webex SME
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Attendees will have to drag the bar that separates the Panels from the content on the left independently 

Response Signature

Thank you Clare. My understanding is that is what each participant was doing - I was just surprised some of them were able to drag it further than others. I would have thought the entire viewer area could be minimized if the separator was dragged all the way to the left. That was only true for one participant, while others were limited in terms of how far they could drag it. 

I appreciate your taking the time to reply. 

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.