cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video streams from web browser but no audio in Webex Training - How to resolve?

When sharing a web browser in Webex Training, the video plays perfectly, but participants cannot hear audio.  

In Webex Meetings there is an option on the share menu to optimize sharing for video/audio, but no such animal seems to exist for Webex Training, and I don't know to to fix this.  I must use Webex Training because I need access to breakout rooms, so using Webex Meetings isn't an option.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to resolve this?

2 Replies 2

Clare Davis, Webex SME
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jim, 

Currently the "Optimize for video and motion" is only supported in Meetings.  To work around it in Webex Training you can do one of 2 things: 

1. Paste the link of the webpage in chat and have your attendees click it to play on their own computer

2. Try using Share (top left dropdown) > Multimedia 

https://help.webex.com/en-us/n6aa6g0/Share-Multimedia-Content-in-the-Multimedia-Viewer

The good news is when Meetings 40.9 is released (next upgrade) Breakouts will be in the Meetings platform

I've attached a PDF that tells you all about it! 

Response Signature

Clare,

Apology for my delayed response; I have been off work for the past two weeks for some R&R.  Thank you for the reply and for confirming that I wasn't missing a step with Webex Training.  I'm really excited for the upgrades that are coming to Webex Meetings and think it will resolve issues with visual and functional differences between the two platforms (especially for participants).

Is there an estimate as to when the new platform will rollout?

Thanks,

Jim

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.