Replies

WebEx Training

Has WebEx Training been discontinued? 

Dale Carnegie London
9 Replies 9

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

@skanda shiva, it is still available on our account so yes, it is still available.  Login to your meeting portal and click on your Profile Picture and then select More Features.  If Training is an option, click on it and you should get the Training web portal and Hands On Labs is in the left navigation.  I'm including a screenshot from my Training portal

WebexTraining Navigation.PNG

Response Signature

pbalsamo
Level 1
Level 1

We have been told by Cisco reps that there is no plan to move Webex Training Center functions to the modern view. While they do not state that is it being decommissioned, no new development is planned for it either. The challenge we have is that Webex TC is the only tool we have found that has the Hands-On Lab function to serve out individual workstations in our physical classrooms to virtual students (1 to 1, not just sharing a screen or using virtual machines). 

We are assuming that we will just lose this feature when and if Cisco actually stops support for Webex TC. If this is incorrect, we'd appreciate better information from Cisco on the issue.

ereyno001
Level 4
Level 4

Wondering if these responses are still valid? Our understanding is that Webex Training is being moved into Webex Meetings and Training is no longer being developed and is a legacy application that will one day go away.

If that's not the case is there a roadmap for Webex Training and timing for when it will move to the modern view and accessible from the Webex App? 

Sachin Vittal Amin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Jonthan, 

Webex is transitioning to the Modern View steadily. We started with Webex Meeting. Today, Webex Meetings cannot be scheduled any other way. We have also introduced Modern View for Webex Event ( which can also be scheduled using the Classic view, for the time being). 
  Webex Training and Webex Support are still on the Classic view. Webex will inform everyone if there are plans to move Webex Training and Webex Support on to the Modern view. For now, Webex Training has not been discontinued. 

Regards. 

Maksym Kozub
Spotlight
Spotlight

Why did you think so, if I may ask? I see that I can schedule a training session etc. The only thing is this: it is managed through the old UI; if you launch the Modern View, Webex Training is not there. As far as I understand, this is just a UI development issue.

Hello Jonthan, 

Webex is transitioning to the Modern View steadily. We started with Webex Meeting. Today, Webex Meetings cannot be scheduled any other way. We have also introduced Modern View for Webex Event ( which can also be scheduled using the Classic view, for the time being). 
  Webex Training and Webex Support are still on the Classic view. Webex will inform everyone if there are plans to move Webex Training and Webex Support on to the Modern view. For now, Webex Training has not been discontinued. 

Regards. 

You have confirmed exactly what I thought about it, i.e. the feature has not been discontinued, it just has not transitioned to the Modern view yet.

That is absolutely right. 

Hello, is the Hands-on Lab feature still available in 2024? 

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.