Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
jreinmann
Spotlight
Spotlight

Webex needs an enhancement to allow the sharing of ultrawide screens to appear with a better experience on the viewer's end.  When sharing just a single application, there is a lot of gray space on the screen and the ability to zoom in can only do so much.  I suggest a few options for the presenter when using an ultrawide:

1. crop the screen - perhaps based on standard aspect ratio's

2. If a single application is shared, allow it to auto-fit to a viewer's screen

3. when sharing an application with multiple windows (e.g. web browser), allow the user to choose which window to share (or all).

3 Comments
chachie73
Level 1
Level 1

you are absolutely right on this @jreinmann 

At a minimum, we should be able to share a:

1. Window (application)
  2. Screen
  3. Custom Size by Sharer (nice to have)
  4. Custom Size by Viewer (nice to have)

Interestingly, WebEx lets you think you are sharing a single app or window, but IT DOESN'T WORK!
Even Teams gets this right. Zoom, Slack (Slack? yes) also seem to get this. 

rahumali
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I just upgraded to an ultra wide monitor and noticed that there is a lot of white space on the screen when sharing Google Chrome that is not in full screen mode. Google Chrome takes up half the screen (right half), and the other half is usually where I keep my meeting notes (left half). The notes application is not being shared, but to the viewer there is a large whitespace on the left. Is there any easy fix for this? 

dpf234
Level 1
Level 1

No fixes since years for sharing with 4K or larger monitors. It becomes a pain and cuts productivity!

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.