Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Alex57
Level 1
Level 1

Following webex software upgrade today(11/23) the virtual background is not showing the silhouette correctly. This used to work fine since the introduction of virtual backgrounds  sometime in the summer. This is a second virtual background bug in the past several weeks -  one of the previous app updates caused flickering when the virtual background was enabled and disappearance of my picture altogether (only virtual background remained).

Please see below for the current problem using blur. Same thing happens when used with a background picture:

Capture.JPG      

A quick aside - why is it possible for zoom software to have this feature work flawlessly since the beginning of the pandemic while Cisco is unsuccessfully  trying to catch up 6 months later?

7 Comments
LBROWN57
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same level software but i cannot get any silhouette to work.

Y Cruse
Level 1
Level 1

I am experiencing the same issue and it is is INFURIATING. WebEx, please prioritize fixing this issue. 

cactus_flower
Level 1
Level 1

I'm experiencing the same issue - having to work from home, the virtual background for my meetings has been great (it blocks out my kids from view). With the latest update, issues with the silhouette has forced me to show my background, which is very distracting. 

Is there a fix coming up soon???

bill.merkel
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue.  agree should be priority.

Joseph.Hoover
Level 1
Level 1

same issue here, too. 

kndskelton
Level 1
Level 1

All I can add which isn't really helpful. Since the recent updates Virtual Background now has a system minimum requirement. I've submitted asking to have this backwards compatible.

That said.. if you're running Windows 10.. please make sure your OS has all the recent updates. Update the camera driver as well as the BIOS. It may not fix it but, at least you've taken the steps to rule out these items as the issue.

Y Cruse
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all - My employer's IT department followed up with our Cisco representative and got the answer below:

[Virtual Background] software is only a few months old, we are very focused on improving the performance and functionality. There are major improvements that are currently being tested with our engineers, and we should expect them to be generally available early next year.

So sounds like we're basically SOL until 2021. I don't understand why Zoom and Microsoft has been able to flawlessly implement virtual backgrounds at the outset ... very disappointing. 

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.