Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With the recent release of the noise removal feature in Webex, we want to hear how YOU are using it! 

In less than 50 words, respond to this post sharing how the noise removal feature is helping you stay focused or saving you from any embarrassing moments. By responding to this post, you will be entered into a giveaway for a FREE Cisco 730 headset! This post will stay active for the entire month of March. We will randomly select a winner and reach out to them directly in the first week of April. 

As a part of Webex's mission to make the meeting experience 10x better, the noise removal feature filters out any distracting noises with the click of a button. Using our advanced audio processing technology, your focus in a meeting won't be compromised by the harsh sound of garbage trucks, whistling air conditioners, or even your neighbor's blaring music. There are numerous occasions this feature can work for YOU.

WebexMeetings_RemoveBackgroundNoise.gif

If you haven't had the chance to use the noise removal feature, check out these links to help get you started and download the Quick Start Guide attached

Respond to this post and share how you are using the noise removal feature! Your response will enter you into a giveaway for a FREE Cisco 730 Headset! 

431 Comments
jlatini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We are raising a Yellow Labrador puppy to become a service dog for the handicapped.  Nadia, 10 mos old, recently "found her bark" and barks for apparently no reason - we think she just likes the sound of herself!  We are training her with the word "quiet" but she hasn't quite picked up on it yet.  I try to move around the house a little bit to change things up.  While I have a dedicated office, sometimes I like to work at the dining room table.  The feature to turn off the background noise works great with our barking dog! I call it the "Turn off Nadia" feature!

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Noise removal - the name says it all.
We do want to speak, chat, discuss, laugh, describe, explain, ask, answer, teach, learn and so much more.
The one thing we do not want is noise.

deblyn914
Level 1
Level 1

I did not know about the noise canceling option until this Webex event.  I will be sure to try it out on my next meeting and let my clients know about it as well, they will be thrilled.

Yes, this feature help me a lot because my house nearby Highway and as you know now we are doing WFH due to Covid19. I were facing too much background noise in the stand-up meetings and everyone complaint regarding the noise issue. So at the stand-up meeting time I were faces the issue. But now I am feeling relax due to this feature of Webex. 

Thank you team Cisco for launching this feature and you save me for the embarrassment.

Awesome features!

deyaa.salama
Level 1
Level 1

to be honest, I didnt know that feature is exist in Webex meetings and I was trying to do it using windows mic settings but I failed. I have activated it today for the first time and iIFeel it is working smoothly especially when my kids are playing around.

sineugeb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This feature has changed the way our Meetings are hold. It is a game changer for our Meetings.

ankushgoel1
Level 1
Level 1

As more and more people are working from home, it very useful to have background noise removal feature, this feature should able to remove noises caused by Pets, traffic, people talking in background and children shouting  

MarcusF
Level 1
Level 1

Working from home with webex is great, but sometimes find yourself 2 feet from a running washing machine because you didn’t really buy the home to have 2 extra offices. That’s where the noise removal comes in great!

I live on a populated neighborhood, so although I advise my family to don't enter office neither make noise while I am meeting, noise removal is the best feature I got because it allows to avoid unexpected noise from neighbours like yell, dog barking, loud conversations and much more. It let me have an smooth meeting with out have to be continuosly ready to mute my micro in view of any unexpected noise.

It helps keep my office at home....my office!   With the kids home now, This feature is come into play every day and now has become essential.  

AkashVerma52677
Level 1
Level 1

Tested the feature and it was much necessary improvement. Rock on Cisco !!!

darryled01
Level 1
Level 1

I honestly don't know how we ever coped before NOISE REMOVAL, especially with all the weird and wonderful noises of WFH. This has to be one of my favourite favourites!

I have been WFH, sitting outside on my patio while on a call when the gardening service has come around with their NOT SO QUIET petrol mowers / leaf-blowers / trimmers, to the point where people have noticed me cringing on video and asking what's wrong. I cannot even hear myself think but people on the call are not aware of what's happening on my side. I have turned my camera around for others to see what is happening less than 2m away from my microphone... this feature just wows everybody.

It even fixes crappy PC microphones, I was on a call with somebody today and they just sounded hollow (like they were calling in from a bathroom). I told them how to turn on noise removal and magic magic, it enhances the audio TOOO. *Second WOW!

I LOVE YOU NOISE REMOVAL please don't ever leave me... XOXO

Huascar Teran
Level 1
Level 1

Very useful feature during these times.  All call parties appreciate the feature.   It helps enough to clear up some unwanted noises.

vinicio murillo
Level 1
Level 1

This is a really great feature, now that almost everybody is working at home with families around, anything that can help to reduce the noise is very helpful.

Clare Davis, Webex SME
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Let me tell you - Whether you are working at home or at the office - there's always NOISE!!!  I love to test things, so to test "Remove Background Noise" I put my vacuum cleaner right next to me during a meeting, made sure I was unmuted, checked the remove background noise box, and fired up my Dyson!!!  Guess what everyone heard?  NOTHNG!!! just me.

Linda Uli and I have a perfect example - check out our video! 

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.